Below given information is for general purpose. Check out individual job ads for exact requisite for the positions.
University of Oslo PhD Salary
NOK 501,200 – 544,400 per annum depending on qualifications and seniority as PhD Research Fellow (position code 1017). 50,000 - 55,000 USD per year will be the salary for PhD scholars in University of Oslo, Norway. Approximately 4,100 USD may receive before tax. [updated Jan 2023]
English Languages Skills to Join PhD Positions at UiO
All PhD candidates must demonstrate high English language skills. International applicants must document these skills prior to admission to the PhD programme by passing one of the following tests with these or better grades:
- TOEFL – Test of English as Foreign Language, internet-based test (iBT) (test centre or home edition). Minimum total score of 90 with at least 19 in reading, 20 in listening, 20 in speaking and 24 in writing.
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System. Minimum overall band score of 6.5 with at least 6.5 in each component.
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English Academic. Minimum overall score of 62 with at least 58 in each component (listening, reading, speaking and writing).
The following applicants are exempt from the above-mentioned requirements:
- applicants from EU/EEA-countries
- applicants with one year of completed university studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States
- applicants with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s and/or a Master's degree with English as the language of instruction in one of the Nordic countries or the Netherlands.
Doctoral Degree programs at University of Oslo