Are you looking for doctoral positions and opportunities in Sweden? Our comprehensive list covers all the fully-funded PhD vacancies offered by Sweden’s top universities. Both international and local students can apply for PhD programs that are fully or partially funded with no tuition fees.
Explore the latest openings in your desired field of study and apply today using our easy-to-use platform. Don’t miss this chance to advance your academic career through higher education opportunities available in Sweden.
65 jobs available
1-2 doctoral (PhD) student positions with focus on single-cell/spatial omics and molecular mechanisms underlying multiple sclerosis
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individua...
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and b...
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top universities. The University has around 45 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malm...
Department of Computing, School of EngineeringJönköping AI Lab (JAIL) engages scholars from several scientific fields, conducting multi-disciplinary cutting-edge research on technical, organizational ...
Ref REF 2023-0430Are you as well fed up with inadequate recycling of plastic waste and do you want to contribute to transform the industry?Our group at the division of Energy Technology together with ...
PhD positions in Sweden by universities
The above section lists open PhD positions at various Swedish universities, with the option to sort by subject and expiration date. There are several universities in Sweden that offer PhD positions in a variety of fields, from natural sciences to social sciences and humanities. Here we have compiled a list of the Swedish universities that offer open positions for PhD students to get a doctoral degree.
- Linnaeus University: Located in the city of Växjö, Linnaeus University offers PhD positions in subjects such as biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, and physics.
- Mälardalen University: Mälardalen University PhD positions are in the fields such as computer science, electronics, Energy Engineering, Industrial Economics, and mechanical engineering. The university is located in the cities of Eskilstuna and Västerås.
- Södertörn University: Södertörn University, located in Stockholm offers PhD positions in the fields of culture and education, history and political science.
- Malmo University: Malmo University offers PhD vacancies in subjects such as criminology, education, health and society, migration studies, and urban studies. The college is located in the city of Malmö.
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences: SLU PhD programs are in the subjects such as Environmental Science, Forest Science, landscape architecture, and plant protection.
- Umea University: Located in the city of Umeå, Umea University offers PhD positions in subjects such as biomedicine, chemistry, ecology and environmental sciences, and physics.
- Linköping University: Linköping University doctoral programs offers opportunities to join PhD positions in subjects such as cognitive science, computer science, material science and medicine. The university is located in the cities of Linköping and Norrköping.
- Luleå University of Technology: Luleå University of Technology, located in the city of Luleå. LUT PhD positions are in subjects such as architecture, engineering, mining and rock engineering, and sustainable process engineering.
- Stockholm University: Stockholm University offers PhD positions in subjects such as astronomy, environmental science, linguistics, and political science. The college is located in Stockholm.
- University of Gothenburg: The University of Gothenburg offers PhD positions in subjects such as cultural studies, education, global studies, and physics. The university is located in the city of Gothenburg.
- Karolinska Institute: Karolinska Institute in Stockholm is a medical university that offers PhD positions in subjects such as Biomedicine, Neuroscience and Public Health Sciences.
- Lund University: Lund University offers PhD positions in subjects such as biology, economics, law, and psychology. The university is located in the city of Lund.
- Chalmers University of Technology: Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg offers PhD positions in subjects such as biotechnology, computer science, energy and material science.
- Uppsala University: Uppsala University, located in Uppsala. Uppsala PhD vacancies are in vast subjects such as history, molecular biology, peace and conflict studies, and theoretical physics.
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology: The KTH located in Stockholm offers PhD positions in subjects such as electrical engineering, industrial economics and management, materials science, and physics.
All of these universities are highly regarded institutions and offer excellent opportunities for PhD students to join reputed doctoral programmes with. For more information about each college and their specific PhD positions, please see the links provided.
Good luck in your academic endeavors!
What is Licentiate Degree in Sweden?
It is a academic degree awarded by the Swedish institution prior to a PhD degree. In Sweden a ‘licentiate’ degree equals the completion of half of the coursework, or thesis, required for a full doctoral programme, i.e. a licentiate degree corresponds to two years of full-time study and at least 60 credits (120 credits required for some institutions) have to be awarded for a licentiate thesis. It is equivalent to the MPhil of the British education system.