- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Technology, Policy and Management (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists – QuTech (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Industrial Design Engineering (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Civil Engineering and Geosciences (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists - Architecture and the Built Environment (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists – Applied Sciences (Expired)
- Unique Fellowship for Top Female Academic Scientists – Aerospace Engineering (Expired)
AdvertisementSubscribe to enjoy the ad-free content
Features of the Delft Technology Fellowships
- Tenure track position of 5 years or senior position
- Substantial start-up package
- Develop your own research line
- Participate in curriculum of department
- Dedicated mentoring program
- Dual career opportunity for spouses
The salary ranges for the position per month is
- Professor is € 6.099 – € 10.721/month
- Associate Professor is € 5.506 – € 7.362/month
- Assistant Professor is € 3.974 – € 6.181/month
Eligibility Delft Technology Fellowships
You are a highly talented and motivated pioneer holding a PhD in a relevant discipline, with the ambition necessary to become a full Professor. You have a proven drive for scientific excellence demonstrated, for example, by publications in first-rate, international scientific journals, the ability to compete for external research funding and an extensive international network. You have a few years of post-doctoral working experience in industry or academia, preferably including experience outside of the Netherlands.
Depending on your level of experience you either are, or have the clear potential to develop into, an academic leader who guides and inspires her group. You have excellent communication and social skills, a coaching leadership style and experience in supervising research projects. You are self-critical and able to align your personal ambition with being an inspiring member of a team of first-rate colleagues.
You have educational experience and an affinity for teaching, as you are expected to participate in and contribute to the development of the department’s teaching programme.
This fellowship programme is open to female scientists currently not employed by TU Delft.
Documents Required for Application
Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter including
- your motivation
- the faculty/department of interest.
- the position desired (Assistant, Associate or full Professor level)
- how many years of post-doctoral working experience in industry or academia you have
- Resume including a detailed list of your publications and achievements
- Contact information of 4 references: their names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and relationships
- Vision document containing your research proposal and your vision on education, leadership and the Delft University of Technology organisation (max. 2000 words)
Selection Process Delft Technology Fellowships
|Application Call||Dec 2022 – Jan 15, 2023|
|Interview and Trail Lectures||Feb 2023 – Apr 2023|
|Final Selection||Begin Apr 2023|
|Nomination of 10 Fellows||Mid Apr 2023|
About Delft Technology Fellowships
A (tenure-track) position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the employment contract, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. For circumstances as having children or parental leave during the tenure track, it is possible to delay the definitive assessment and extend the Tenure Track employment contract to a maximum of 8 years.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops. Located on campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
For more details about the Fellowship