35 Postdoc Positions in the field of Science and Technology under the scheme EuroTechPostdoc2 2022 Call, Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships to experienced high-potential researchers
The EuroTechPostdoc2 2021 call, awarding the first 35 fellowships for a 24-month period, is closed and the selected fellows are currently starting their fellowships. The call statistics for the EuroTechPostdoc2 2021 call can be found here. More information on our first cohort of fellows will follow later.
The EuroTechPostdoc2 2022 call, the second call for 35 positions, will open on November 30, 2021. The deadline for submission will be on February 24, 2022.
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the Host Institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months, and a dedicated Career development and research budget (up to €8,000) and Collaboration and travel budget (up to €6,000) related to the project.
The monthly salary is among others dependent on the Host Institution. Below, we therefore mention the minimum gross salary per institution. The actual salary will be based on the experience and qualifications of each postdoctoral researcher.
- DTU: The minimum gross salary for DTU fellows is 40,543 DKK, including a pension contribution of 17,1% (based on the collective agreements (AC overenskomst)).
- L’X: The minimum gross salary for l’X fellows is 3,080 EUR.
- TU/e: The minimum gross salary for TU/e fellows is 3,353 EUR (Salary scale 10.4, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.) Additionally, fellows receive an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- TUM: The minimum gross salary for TUM fellows is 4,074.30 EUR (Payment Group TVL E13 level 1, on the basis of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal state of Bavaria).
General information about the EuroTechPostdoc2
- The EuroTechPostdoc2 programme grants fellowships to excellent experienced researchers with the objective of providing them with exceptional research and career development opportunities thanks to the joint capacity and complementary training options offered at the six universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance (Technical University of Denmark – DTU, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne – EPFL, École Polytechnique Paris – L’X, Technion Israel Institute of Technology – Technion, Eindhoven University of Technology – TU/e, and Technical University of Munich – TUM).
- The fellowships are granted for postdoctoral research.
- Any topic covered under Annex I of the EURATOM Treaty cannot be funded.
- Fellowships may be requested for topics that fit within the research of any of the EuroTech Universities Alliance’ partners.
- The fellow must conduct the proposed research in a laboratory of one of the universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance (herein after “Host Institution”) and under the supervision of a Professor or a Senior Scientist (herein after “Host Supervisor”) employed in that institution or in the case of l’École Polytechnique à Paris, working at one of the ‘Unités Mixtes de Recherche (UMR)’ at that institution.
- The proposed research should be a mandatory collaborative project between the Host Institution and another participating EuroTech university (herein after “Co-host Institution”). This collaboration can take place in the form of secondments, research stays, short visits, field research and/or web conferences
- Supervision at the Co-host Institution is done by a Professor or a Senior Scientist (herein after “Co-host Supervisor”) employed in the Co-host Institution, or in the case of l’École Polytechnique à Paris, working at one of the ‘Unités Mixtes de Recherche (UMR)’ at that institution.
- Four universities within the EuroTech Universities Alliance can act as Host Institution: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), L’École Polytechnique à Paris (l’X), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), and Technical University of Munich (TUM).
- All six universities within the EuroTech Universities Alliance can act as Co-host Institution.
Eligibility and Application procedure
- Applicants can only submit one application for review.
- All applications documents and queries should be formulated in English.
- Applications must be submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the
call as given on the programme website.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply. There are no restrictions concerning age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political views, language or nationality of the applicants.
- To be considered admissible, the application must be complete and submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the call.
- For an application to be complete, it must contain the following elements:
- Research plan (maximum five (5) pages, following the mandatory template provided).
- Prioritized CV – including career breaks and list of all publications of the applicant, following the template provided.
- Completed and signed ethical issues form, following the mandatory template provided.
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement of the awarding university that the degree has been awarded, or official statement(s) proving the four years of fulltime equivalent research experience in English.
- Names of intended Host Supervisor and intended Co-host Supervisor from the above mentioned universities
- Motivation letter on carrying out a cross-border collaborative project (maximum one (1) page; additional pages will be discarded).
Note that templates are provided for the research plan, CV and ethical issues form. It is mandatory to follow these templates, meaning that 1. The structure is used (sections, subsections etc.) and 2. The guidelines for formatting are followed (font, font size, spacing, margins). Not following the templates will lead to the submission being non-admissible, and rejected because of that.
Follow the link for complete details about the EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme fellowships