University lecturer Job in Industrial Automation and Instrumentation is available for doctoral degree candidates in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation, Automation or related fields at the Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering (MEK), OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: University Lecturer
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Electrical engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: NOK 469 300 – 604 700 per year
Scroll Down for Content
The required qualifications for the position are as follows:
- MSc or similar qualifications in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation, Automation or related fields
- expertise in instrumentation, programmable logic controllers, actuators and control systems
- experience in collaborating with, or direct experience from, relevant industry
- fluency in English
The candidate is expected to acquire a working command of Norwegian within three years of being appointed.
Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit themselves to complete OsloMet's programme for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
The university will test pedagogical skills in connection with a personal interview.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The following will be emphasized:
On top of the required qualifications and experience as listed above, the following will be evaluated positively:
- experience with teaching and supervision in higher education
- fluency in Norwegian
- good match between candidate’s background and the bachelor program in electrical and electronic engineering: specialization in automation and the ACIT master program: specialization in robotics and control
- pedagogical education, a keenness to develop academic and teaching skills, and an interest in digital and innovative educational techniques and practices
- candidates with a background in electrical engineering will be preferred
Personal qualities necessary for the position
- the ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- excellent cooperation and communication skills
- inquisitiveness and a keenness to develop as an academic leader
- flexibility and the ability to adapt teaching to the needs of the department and OsloMet, including interdisciplinary collaboration
- the ability to build communities and networks, research progjects, and to demonstrate fresh thinking and innovation
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- planning, developing, and delivering courses at bachelor and possibly master levels
- supervision of students in practical training
- actively contributing to the development of high-quality education at MEK and OsloMet as a whole
- initiation and participation in projects for educational purposes. This includes applying for external funding for educational purposes
- performing administrative tasks related to educational activities
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: 22/00257
You must upload the following documents with the application within the application deadline:
- CV (including teaching and supervision experience) and, if applicable, a full list of publications
- the copies of certificates/diplomas (including formal education in pedagogics, if applicable)
- a teaching statement (up to 2 pages) outlining the candidate's relevant pedagogical experience and plans for pedagogical activity and development in the position
- a text (up to 1 page) describing the candidate’s ability to teach control engineer related courses, specifically the following course: ELFT2500 Instrumentation
- the names and contact information of at least three references
- any other relevant documentation
We only process applications sent via our electronic recruitment system. All documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. Incomplete applications will not be processed for any further assessments. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
Original documents and valid passport must be presented if the possible candidate is invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document inspections in order to give a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
OsloMet has adhered to the principles in the DORA declaration and obliged the institution to follow the recommendations in this declaration.
About the Department/Section/Group
The Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering (MEK) is one out of five departments at TKD. The department offers three bachelor's degree programmes and a master's degree programme in Electrical Engineering, in addition to research and development activities. The department has approximately 35 staff members, 10 PhD students, and 800 students.
MEK has a vacant position as University lecturer in Industrial Automation and Instrumentation. The position will involve teaching in areas such in control engineering, industrial automation, instrumentation and actuators. The candidate is also expected to initiate and carry out relevant professional and pedagogical development work.
The engineers of the future must have a high level of professional competence and the ability to work interdisciplinary in an international environment. Students must acquire and develop solid theoretical knowledge and practical skills in addition to social skills. The department emphasizes that teaching, supervision and development must take place in a good learning environment. We are therefore looking for a candidate with a talent and a passion for teaching and a positive attitude towards students in development.
The candidate must have a keenness to develop academic skills and an interest in digital and innovative educational techniques and practices. Experience from development work in, or in close collaboration with, the industry is also important.
The candidate is expected to actively strengthen and shape the academic environment at the department and the university in general, including interdisciplinary work across departments at TKD, as well as in collaboration with other faculties at OsloMet.
Note or Other details
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and university
- opportunity to be a part of a dynamic professional environment and unique academic network
- beneficial pension arrangements with the Norwegian State Pension Fund
- good employee welfare arrangements
- free Norwegian language classes to employees
- relocation support, cultural courses and on boarding services
- working location in downtown Oslo
The salary for the position is in accordance with the pay for state employees: job code 1009 senior lecturer, NOK 469 300 – 604 700 per year, salary scale 51 - 66. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
As an employee at OsloMet, you must always adhere to the changes that the development in the subject requires and the organizational changes that are adopted.
The selected candidate, after approving the position, must live in a location enabling them to be physically present at and available to the Department.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically.
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.
Scroll Down for Content
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact [email protected].
If you would like more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Department Astrid Oust Janbu, e-mail: [email protected], phone +47 91 51 43 26
Scroll Down for Content