Senior lecturer position is available at Head of the research MRI platform of the Department of Clinical Neurosciences (DNC) at University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2022
Position: Senior lecturer
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Physics
Joining Date: Jan 01, 2023
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: Subject to norms
Department of Clinical Neurosciences (DNC)
UNIL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- PhD in MRI physics.
- Established track-record of scientific publications on the development of MRI pulse sequences for relaxometry and fMRI, and of methods for correcting the effects of patient motion in the MRIscanner.
- Proficiency in the IDEA sequence programming environment, Matlab, SPM and hMRI toolbox.
- Experience in line-managing technical staff, quality assurance of MRI scanners and troubleshooting of identified faults.
- Previous experience in providing physics support to neuroimaging studies.• Proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) and excellent knowledge of English.
- Technical management of the MRI platform: supervision of its staff, quality assessment tests, scanner repairs and user training.
- Organization and monitoring of all research projects conducted on the platform
- Support in MRI physics to the research projects conducted on the platform by developing acquisition protocols tailored for each study.
- Development of methods for correcting the effects of patient motion on the quality of MR images.
- Development of MRI-relaxometry biomarkers of the microscopic properties of brain tissue.
- Supervision of master’s and doctoral students, and post-docs.
- Funding, running and publishing its own research work
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card
They should be submitted online by October 16th, 2022 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file
About the Department/Section/Group
The MRI research platform of the DNC is a departmental unit primarily devoted to research studies on neurological or psychiatric disorders of the central nervous system. The platform, and its Siemens Prisma 3Tesla machine, are installed in the immediate vicinity of the main hospital building of the CHUV, within theMP16 building which houses two other DNC entities, the Leenaards Memory Center (CLM) which takes care of patients suffering from dementia, and the neuroimaging research laboratory (LREN) which coordinates the academic activities of the MRI platform. The latter is used 70% for research work, open to the entire scientific community, and 30% for clinical activities coordinated by the CHUV radiology department. The plat form develops innovative methodologies in molecular MR imaging, and participates in the exploitation of large cohorts from Lausanne. The DNC includes nearly 500 employees, five clinical divisions treating more than10,000 patients per year, and a clinical neuroscience research center (CRN).
About the Employer: University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland
Note or Other details
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover. UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates.www.unil.ch/egalite
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Philippe Ryvlin, Chef du DNC ([email protected]).