Senior Lecturer in Textile Management with a Specialization in Supply Chain Management is available for doctoral degree candidates in business administration, textile management, or industrial engineering and management, as well as demonstrated teaching skills at Department of Business Administration and Textile Management, University of Boras, Sweden 2022
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Textile Management
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: Subject to norms
Department of Business Administration and Textile Management
University of Boras
This position requires a doctoral degree in a subject relevant to the position, such as business administration, textile management, or industrial engineering and management, as well as demonstrated teaching skills.
You should also have good collaboration skills, experience of teaching and supervising in the field of supply chain management, and good oral and written communication skills in English.
Merits for this position are:
- Good ability and experience in teaching and supervising at the Master’s level in the field of textile management with a focus on supply chain management, or equivalent
- Good ability and experience in research in the field of textile management with a focus on supply chain management, or equivalent
- Experience in collaboration with business and industry and/or public administration
- Good ability and experience of responsibility for development work in Bachelor’s level education.
- International relationships and contacts with foreign universities
- Good ability to communicate orally and in writing in Swedish
- Experience in the textile and fashion industry
For a permanent position at the university, you must have completed training in higher education pedagogy equivalent to 10 weeks of full-time studies or have equivalent knowledge. This course can be completed during the first two years of employment. Read about qualifying training in higher education pedagogy.
The Department of Business Administration and Textile Management is now seeking a Senior Lecturer in Textile Management with a Specialisation in Supply Chain Management.
Job description The work tasks are mainly related to the field of textile management with a specialisation in supply chain management, logistics, and business models. Senior lecturers teach, supervise, and administer programmes and courses at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. The work also includes research and professional development, thereby actively contributing to the research environment and ensuring connections to research in the educational programmes.
Furthermore, Senior Lecturers are expected to participate in the development and planning of courses and to build up contacts and interact with the surrounding community.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: PA 2022/132
Write clearly in your application which position you are applying for and include the applicable reference number. The following documents must be attached to your application:
- Personal letter
- CV (overview list of education and work experience in chronological order) with reference contact information and desired salary
- Merit Portfolio (written account of scientific and pedagogical work and documentation of teaching skills, including self-evaluation). See our Merit Portfolio template.
- Doctoral degree diploma
- Publication list
- A maximum of seven publications
- Certificates/grades and other merit documents that you desire be taken into consideration
Contact HR if you have scientific publications that cannot be attached electronically directly in the application. The publications must be received by the university no later than one week after the application deadline. After the application deadline, no additions can be made electronically.
About the Employer: University of Borås (HB), Sweden
Note or Other details
Type of employment: Permanent; probationary employment may be applied
Employment rate: Full-time (100%) or as agreed upon
Start date: As agreed upon
Position location: Borås, Sweden
Reference number: PA2022/132
Information about the position can be provided by Director of Studies Daniel Hjelmgren via telephone +46 (0)33- 435 41 45 or email at [email protected]
Trade union representatives are Magnus Sirhed, OFR-ST and Martin Behre, Saco-S; they can be reached via the university’s switchboard at +46 (0)33-435 40 00.
These contact people may be more difficult to reach during the summer due to holiday leave, so please be patient if replies are delayed.
Advertisement Details: Senior Lecturer in Textile Management with a Specialisation in Supply Chain Management