Rosalind Franklin Fellow, Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Data based and learning control engineering (ENTEG) at Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Computing, Systems and Control, the Engineering and Technology Institute Groningen (ENTEG), the Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (BI) and the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials (ZIAM), Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE), University of Groningen, Netherland 2022
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree in a relevant field
- at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD (can be compensated for after the appointment via extended research visits abroad)
- a relevant international network
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences, appropriate to your career stage
- a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
- demonstrable organizational competences
- good command of spoken and written English.
- a team player with good communication skills
- able to work well in an international, culturally diverse, environment
- able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
- willing to acquire a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
- able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years (B1 level).
- you are an inspiring supervisor with convincing leadership competences and a good track record in PhD supervision
- you have been successful in acquiring external funding for research projects, appropriate to your career stage
- you have a good track record in teaching and curriculum development as well as educational organizational responsibilities, such as involvement in educational program committees or boards of examiners.
We believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin programme. The programme is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 129 Rosalind Franklin Fellows at the University of Groningen. Each Rosalind Franklin Fellow is appointed as either Assistant or Associate Professor. The Assistant Professors are hired on a tenure track. As a Rosalind Franklin Fellow you will:
- set up and develop your own research line and independent research group
- supervise PhD students
- acquire external funding
- promote the societal relevance of your research
- teach in and contribute to the development of degree programs
- contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. -
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications
- a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’
- a description of your scientific interest and plans (1-2 pages) and a statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages)
- a list with names of references.
About the Department/Section/GroupAdditional information
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Rosalind Franklin Fellowship
- Working at the University of Groningen
Note or Other detailsWe offer you a full-time position as Assistant or Associate Professor in our faculty’s career path system Career Paths in Science that leads up to Full Professor. The position comes with:
- a salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, depending on qualifications, work experience and on your career stage, from € 3,974 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 6,181 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position as Assistant Professor or, for a full-time position as Associate Professor, from € 5,506 (salary scale 13) up to a maximum of € 7,362 gross per month (salary scale 14) depending on your career stage)
- holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- paid maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 or 0.8 FTE)
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningena mentor program and a broad range of opportunities for personal development.
For information you can contact:
- Mrs Didi Ubels, [email protected]