The University of Agder invites applications for a position as a Researcher for novel battery solutions, affiliated to the Faculty of Engineering and Science, the Department of Engineering Sciences, Norway – Mar 2022
Scroll Down for Content
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Electrical engineering, Electrochemistry, Physics
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: 563,900 NOK/Year
Scroll Down for Content
- PhD. in (electro-)chemistry, physics, electrical engineering or related field. Candidates who are in the final stages of their PhD-project might be assessed. It is a prerequisite that the candidate can document an obtained PhD before the hiring process is completed.
- (Co-)Authorship of scientific publications / scientific presentations in the field of electrochemistry or lithium-ion batteries.
- Documented experience in writing research proposals.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Experience in electrochemistry for batteries or related field.
- Supervision of Bachelor, Master and or PhD student projects.
- Research project management experience.
- Organization skills (e.g. workshops, seminars, partners).
- Written and spoken proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language.
- Scientific curiosity for elucidating the bottlenecks of state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery materials and designs.
- Ability for scientifically rigorous, target-oriented, organized, and independent work.
- Good communication and teamwork skills, inventiveness and a proactive hands-on approach are essential qualifications.
- Applicants are expected to contribute to a safe and inclusive working environment.
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasised.
The position is located, at the present, at campus Grimstad. The starting date is as soon as possible or to be negotiated with the faculty.
The researcher will become a part of the newly created UiA battery initiative which co-creates a competence hub for lithium-ion battery research and development in close exchange and collaboration with local industry partners in the south of Norway. In addition to project related support, and in alignment with the project scope, the researcher is encouraged to introduce novel battery related research directions based on her/his own expertise.
With Norway being at the forefront in electrification of personal vehicles and local industries embracing the battery potential in a surrounding with environmentally benign power at compatible cost the Battery-Coast at the south of Norway offers many options to actively shape a greener future. At UiA the new battery initiative bridges research of all aspects of the battery value chain, i.e., from material characterization to recycling together with our local industry partners. Fostering our battery activities with new and extended projects on a national and international level will help to manifest a battery competence in the south of Norway. Shaping research projects in close industry-academia collaborations with, e.g., student projects or internships as well as maintaining an open battery network will also be the scope of the position. Among others, key ingredients to supplement a battery community could be the establishment of application-oriented workshops and/or seminar series on batteries or similar activities.
The candidate will contribute to the development of the growing research activity in electrochemistry and lithium-ion batteries. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher interested in shaping his/her own project as well as contributing to the future research directions of the battery activities at UiA.
The researcher is expected to actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other Sources. Without further external funding beyond the original project scope (December 2026) the basis for the position ceases. The law on Government employees etc. regarding termination of employment and preferential rights will be applied.
The researcher has no teaching duties, but supervision of bachelor, master students and PhD candidates could be assigned when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group.
The Researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within the University of Agder.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link "Apply for this job".
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Certificates with grades.
- PhD thesis.
- Granted research proposals.
- Contact details for 2-3 references.
- Academic work and R&D projects, as well as a list of these.
- Summary or links to the applicant's scientific publications (if any).
- Any other relevant documentation.
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
- Professional development in a large, exciting, and socially influential organisation
- A positive, inclusive, and diverse working environment
- Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale 90.400, code 1109 Researcher, NOK 563 900 – 626 100 gross salary per year. Higher salary grades may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
UiA is an open and inclusive university. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and makes us better. We, therefore, encourage qualified candidates to apply for the position independent of gender, age, cultural background, disability, or an incomplete CV.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organisational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. With the applicant’s permission, UiA will also conduct a reference check before appointment. Read more about the employment process.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
Scroll Down for Content
For questions about the position:
- Associate Professor Johannes Landesfeind, tel. +49 16 02 16 77 90, e-mail [email protected]
For questions about the application process:
- Higher Executive Officer Lise Askbo Fylkesnes, tel. +47 37 23 31 25, e-mail: [email protected]
Other Vacancies from this field Engineering
Scroll Down for Content