Researcher Job in vehicle-to-grid design and control at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden 2022
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Power Electronics
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: Subject to norms
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Brinellvägen, Stockholm, Sweden
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree
- Research expertise in power electronics hardware and control, control of V2G systems, etc
- Good publication record
- The ability to inform about research and development work
- Collaborative abilities.
- The ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice.
- Teaching ability.
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
- Knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Driven by the environment concern and sustainable requirement, electric vehicles (EVs) have attracted global attention as they provide more environmentally friendly transportation. However, the large-scale utilization of EVs will greatly increase the electricity consumption in the grid. If charging of EVs are not managed, it will pose significant impact on grid and require expensive grid reinforcement. On the other hand, vehicle to grid (V2G) and smart charging will provide opportunities to minimize grid impact and provide grid support for smooth integration of EVs. As researcher in this project you will develop power electronics control and coordination for V2G systems.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: J-2022-2287
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Your research experience (1 page) and your research plan (1 page) related to this project
About the Employer: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Note or Other details
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 1 year, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Advertisement Details: Researcher in vehicle-to-grid design and control