Research Engineers in iOS app design, machine learning, human movement at School of Engineering Sciences, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden 2022
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (Masters or equivalent competence) in machine learning, computer science or other subject relevant for the project Experience and skills. Experience with creating machine learning algorithms
- Be familiar with IOS and Apple devices in general
- Have experience creating IOS apps
- Have independence and drive to work on projects alone, even if senior researchers are not on site
- Be able to work both independently and in a group/collaboration
- Subject-related skills
- Problem solving
- Professional skills
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Experience in human movement analysis or biomechanics
- Experience writing technical reports in English
- Experience with ARKit
We seek research engineers and/or computer scientists to join us at the KTH MoveAbility Lab, to work with a Digital Futures collaborative project with the Region Stockholm hospitals. The aim is to measure human movement with deep cameras, trained with machine learning. Specific tasks with this position are:
- Create an IOS app for the project that measures human movement with the inbuilt LiDAR sensors, uploads data in a relevant format to cloud storage, and enables video communication between clinician and patient.
- Create a machine learning algorithm that improves validity of human movement measured from iOS devices with LiDAR cameras and Apple’s ARKit by training it on more precisely measured 3D movement data measured in our lab. The algorithm should correct systematic errors in ARKit’s human body model and compute anatomical joint positions and angles.
- Validate whether body positions and angles computed with ARKit + machine learning can be accurate enough to be useful in measuring movement in persons with pathological movements due to motor disorders
- Assist with validation experiments in the lab and elsewhere
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. S-2022-1988
Basic documents required for the application
Note or Other detailsLog into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time). About the employment The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement, 3-6 months, with access according to agreement. Other information Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here. We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons. Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
- Lanie Gutierrez Farewik, +4687907719