Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a position as Professorship in Communication and Digital Transformations at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC), Denmark – Mar 2022
Scroll Down for Content
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Communication Studies, Digitalization
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: According to standard norms
Scroll Down for Content
Candidates must document a high degree of relevant, original and up-to-date scientific publications at an international level within the areas covered by the department. The field of Communication and Digital Transformations in this context is interpreted broadly to include relevant areas of applied probability.
Importance is put on the candidate’s ability to undertake research management and other relevant management functions.
The candidate should be able to document pedagogical qualifications, good teaching evaluations, and the ability to innovate within the educational field.
CBS emphasises the candidate’s ability to establish productive contacts with the business community.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Examples of research areas that the professor might cover:• Digital transformations and organisational communication• Transparency and visibilities in and around organisations• Digital communication platforms and data-driven, algorithmic approaches to governance and knowledge production
The position is a full Professorship with research and teaching obligations.
Successful applicants must have an international profile, a strong record of research publications, and teaching experience in Communication and Digital Transformations. They must be capable of providing dynamic leadership in the development of research and teaching, in securing external research funding, and in establishing strong ties with industry.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
About the Department of Management, Society and Communication
Multi-disciplinary by design, MSC leverages the synergies of its faculty to explore the conditions and practices of responsible management, organisation and governance in a globalising world, sharing a particular concern with culture, communication and context as lenses to understand the interaction and interdependencies of business and society.
MSC is a significant supplier of research-based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- Responsible Management, Leadership and Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context)
- Organisational Communication (corporate communication, strategic communication, leadership communication, marketing communication, international business communication) and Media Studies
- Personal research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- The academic development of discipline.
- Research management, initiation of research projects, supervision of PhD students, international research co-operation, reviewing for academic journals.
- Research education and further training of researchers, supervision of assistant professors and assessment committee work.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation.
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects.
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School.
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
The appointment will be made on contractual terms corresponding to a salary grade 37 plus a personal allowance.
Scroll Down for Content
Scroll Down for Content