The Department of Computer Science has a vacancy for a permanent position as Professor in Artificial Intelligence in Distributed Multimedia Systems, at OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway, 2022
Scroll Down for Content
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Permanent position
Salary: 715 900– 919 700 NOK/Year
Scroll Down for Content
- Professor qualifications in Artificial Intelligence in Distributed Multimedia Systems
- PhD in Computer science with a focus on artificial intelligence in distributed multimedia systems, preferably on a topic relevant to medical, sport and societal important applications.
- Documented high quality research work within one or more of the following fields: artificial intelligence for distributed multimedia systems, machine learning, explainable AI, reproducibility and comparability, data collection and sharing, multi-modal data analysis and evaluation metrics for AI, preferably in a medical, sport or societal important context.
- Experience with initiating and managing research projects.
- Experience in collaborating with, or direct experience from, the industry.
- Documented results of obtaining external research funding
Proficiency in oral and written English is required. Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language, must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of commencement.
Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit themselves to complete OsloMet's programme for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
Applicants must document relevant educational competence in accordance with Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
Emphasis will be placed on
- Academic expertise and documented high-quality research work within one or more of the following fields: explainable artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, real time performance, distributed multimedia systems and medical and sport applications.
- Good cooperation and communication skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt teaching and research to the needs of the department and OsloMet, including interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Pedagogical education, a keenness to develop academic and teaching skills, and an interest in digital and innovative educational techniques and practices.
- The ability to build communities and networks, research projects, and to demonstrate fresh thinking and innovation.
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- Planning, developing and delivering courses at bachelor, master, and PhD level with a focus on AI in medicine, sport, explainable AI and AI systems.
- Initiating and leading applications for external funding for research in artificial intelligence and related fields.
- Initiating and conducting research within artificial intelligence medicine, sport and societal important applications as well as facilitating the funding and recruitment of PhD candidates.
- Actively contributing to the development of high-quality education in TKD and OsloMet as a whole. Especially in cross disciplinary courses that allow medical and other fields to deepen AI knowledge.
- Communicating and disseminating research results for both academic and a broader audience.
- Performing administrative tasks related to educational, research, and innovation activities.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: 21/09435
You will be assessed by an expert committee. Please upload the following documents together with your application by the application deadline:
- CV (including teaching and supervision experience and the name and contact information of at least three references)
- Full list of publications
- Copies of certificates/diplomas (including formal education in pedagogics, if applicable)
- Up to ten full-text scientific articles, submitted together with a table of contents and a short introduction highlighting the relevance of the article to the profile of the position and a detailed description of the contribution to the article by the applicant
- A text (up to 2 pages) outlining your relevant pedagogical experience and plans for pedagogical activity and development in the position (“teaching statement”) and the pedagocial stance of the applicant. This overview should also include recent student-evaluations.
- A text (up to 2 pages) outlining your relevant research and plans for research activity in the position (“research statement”). This overview should include an overview of existing projects and research collaborators.
- Other relevant documentation
We only consider applications submitted through our electronic recruitment system, and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be considered. The documents must be in a Scandinavian language or English. Translations must be government authorised and you will be asked to present originals if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet verifies documents to give candidates a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note or Other details
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
- Participation in research groups
- Academic development as part of a group of committed colleagues.
- Opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- Interaction with a diverse student group
- Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
- Relocation support, cultural courses and on-boarding services
- Working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale 75-84, job code 1013 Professor. The salary is NOK 715 900– 919 700 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
Scroll Down for Content
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact hrtkdoslomet.no
Head of Department Laurence Habib, +47 67 23 86 57, [email protected]
Other Vacancies from this field Computer Science
Scroll Down for Content