Principal Data Scientist – Industry Collaborations is available at the Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) – EPFL, Switzerland 2022
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland (-)
We are a looking for candidates with:
- A Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field and
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience (PhD is a plus).
- Candidates should have good knowledge of machine learning concepts and be able to present to various audiences.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and have knowledge of French.
- We expect candidates who are open to collaborative work and show team spirit, who are eager to continuously learn, and who show a willingness to contribute to an inclusive environment.
- Launch new industry collaborations in the French part of Switzerland
- Coach data scientists within the Industry Unit
- Lead existing collaborations with our industrial partners
- Share your knowledge about data science and machine learning
- Increase awareness of SDSC in the Swiss Industry
More specifically :
- Presenting the SDSC to a non-technical audience is also part of your activities.
- During your work, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with more than 70 data enthusiasts.
- When dealing with data engineering aspects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our software development team.
- The SDSC environment will allow you to grow your people management and data science skills.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: Nb 2120
We look forward to receiving your online application including application letter, CV and diploma(s).Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through the online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
About the Project
A typical day for a Principal Data Scientist You will work on developing the SDSC industry partnerships in the French part of Switzerland.In this role, you will meet partners (companies) in order to understand their needs and help them define projects with the SDSC.
About the Department
The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) is a joint venture between ETH Zurich and EPFL. We have been mandated by the Swiss Confederation to accelerate the adoption of data science in academia and industry.Our team is international and composed of data scientists passionate about solving data related challenge.The Swiss Data Science Center is a stimulating, startup-like, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading university, that offers opportunities for supporting the Swiss industry in its digital transformation.We have offices in Zurich, Lausanne and Villigen.
Accelerating the adoption of data science in SwitzerlandDo you see yourself helping companies in Switzerland to foster the adoption of data science? Are you passionate about data science and data-driven decision making? Are you keen to share your expertise and get exposed to several projects in various industries? Are you eager to be part of a diverse team with equal growth opportunities of its members at its core?If you can answer yes to these questions, you should consider joining us. Together we could help move the Swiss Industry to the next level of data science.
About the Employer: École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland
Note or Other details
At SDSC you will be able to:
- Develop your soft skills and meet with key stakeholders in several industries.
- Build and grow your team of data scientists
- Discover new data science applications in various industries
- Learn advanced machine learning topics with our academic experts
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
For further information about the Swiss Data Science Center please visit our website: www.datascience.ch.Questions regarding the position should be directed to Mylène Tressens by email [email protected] (opens in new tab) (no applications).
Advertisement Details: Principal Data Scientist – Industry Collaborations