The University of Twente invites applications for a postdoctoral candidate with a strong background in nanophotonics, quantum optics, and experimental physics, the Netherlands – Nov 2022
1. You hold a PhD degree in physics or related fields with experience in experimental optics. 2. You have expertise in building optical setups, including single photon sources, and in carrying out experiments on single photon detection techniques. 3. You demonstrated excellence in your PhD works with evidence of high-quality publications. 4. You are highly ambitious and aim to perform high-quality and high-impactful science. 5. You are proactive and have demonstrated leadership potential in supervising students. 6. You are independent and enjoy collaborating with colleagues in a multidisciplinary team. 5. You have excellent communication skills in English, demonstrated with either an appropriate qualification in English or from previous education background.
The aim of this project involves combining nanophotonic structures with quantum sensing architectures for ultrasensitive detection of bio-molecules. By achieving this aim, we will pioneer new possibilities in quantum sensing/imaging. The candidate will modify an existing optical setup to conduct the experiments, thus, an excellent experience in practical optics is required. Moreover, you will develop your research vision and ideas, and demonstrate your talents in supervision and establishing new collaborations. Therefore, you should be willing to collaborate and support PhD candidates and master/bachelor students who are working on related topics.
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. -
Please submit your application on or before 14 November 2022, using the ‘Apply now’ button below. Your application should include the following: your CV, a one-page motivation letter, PhD theses, and contact details of two references that you have worked with.The Faculty of Science & Technology (Technische Natuurwetenschappen, TNW) engages some 700 staff members and 2000 students in education and research on the cutting edge of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Our fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally and is strengthened by the many young researchers working on innovative projects with as doctoral candidates and post-docs. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
- a 18-months postdoctoral position with a possibility of extension.
- adequate support for grant and fellowship applications
- excellent and dynamic environment for researchers within our research institute MESA+ (www.utwente.nl/mesa), an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.557,- to a maximum of € 4.670,-, depending on experience.
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- full status as a University of Twente employee, including pension and health care benefits.
For more information on the project, please contact Dr. Femi Ojambati ([email protected]).