The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) invites applications for a Postdoctoral fellow to join the Clinical Neuroscience Laboratory (CNL), Norway – Aug 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Postdoctoral Position
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Computer Science, Medicine, Neuroscience, Psychology
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: 3 Years
Salary: 553,500 NOK/Year
Department of psychology
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
Scroll Down for Content
Required selection criteria
- A postdoctoral research fellowships is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions.
- You must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree in psychology, medicine, neuroscience, computer science/technology or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required. In order to be considered for the position, the applicant must have completed and obtained a public defense by the application deadline.
- You must have documented good written and oral English language skills.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant
Preferred selection criteria
- Clinical or scientific experience relevant to the project
- An interest in psychology, neuroscience, mHealth
- An interest in use of medical technology in clinical research
- Experience in app design and programming
- Experience in structural and/or functional MRI analysis
- Experience in working with large data sets
- Experience in machine learning
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work in a team
- Well organized and proactive
- Motivated to contribute to a good work environment
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience, and personal suitability.
CNL is headed by associate professor Alexander Olsen and focuses on investigating the consequences of brain injury and disease as well as the effects of treatment and neurorehabilitation by combining advanced neuroimaging techniques with wearable sensor technologies, neurocognitive assessments, and clinical measures.
The postdoctoral fellow will join a recently funded research-based innovation project, with an aim to develop and test a new solution for digital symptom mapping and clinical decision support for patients with persistent symptoms (including headache) after mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI). The long-term goal of the project is to contribute to more accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment for the patients.
It is also an opportunity to be involved in developing and conducting associated studies using neuroimaging (7T MRI), or other relevant advanced methodology within the postdoctoral fellow’s expertise or interest.
The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in different aspects of the research activities, including further conceptual development, data collection, data analysis, and writing publications. Additionally, there is an opportunity to work on existing datasets (e.g., MRI data, data from various wearable sensors, clinical- and behavioral data).
The postdoctoral fellow will benefit from being part of a vibrant and multidisciplinary research environment consisting of local, regional, national, and international collaborators. The project is part of research programs in Trondheim TBI Group, and the newly established Norwegian Headache Research Centre (NorHEAD).
We will encourage and support that the postdoctoral fellow actively engages in a broader range of activities that are important for further career development and qualification for positions within academia or industry. The position includes 1 year of teaching duties, mainly linked to supervision of projects associated with our research activities, including projects for bachelor students, and as part of the interdisciplinary master-level course Experts in Teamwork (EiT).
You will report to the Head of Department.
Duties of the position
- Data analysis
- Writing scientific papers
- Project development and data collection
- Dissemination of research results, nationally and internationally
- Supervision and mentoring of ph.d. candidates and students in the research group
- Contribute to management and further development of the Clinical Neuroscience Laboratory
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: SU-737
The application must include the following:
- Application letter
- Letter of motivation/statement of interest, including a description on how you plan to contribute to the project and research group (maximum 2-pages)
- Transcripts and diplomas for bachelor's, master's and PhD degrees. If you have not yet completed the PhD degree, you must submit a confirmation that your dissertation has been submitted.
- Two first author papers that you consider most important/relevant for the position (published or in press)
- Name and contact information for at least two people (referees) who are familiar with your scientific competence and personal skills.
The application and supporting documentation to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
Publications and other scientific work must follow the application. Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
If all, or parts, of your education has been taken abroad, we also ask you to attach documentation of the scope and quality of your entire education. Description of the documentation required can be found here. If you already have a statement from NOKUT, please attach this as well.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and potential will also count in the assessment of the candidates.
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA.
About the Department
Department of Psychology
Our research and teaching are based on five perspectives: biological, cognitive, social, personality and developmental psychology. We offer a clinical programme in psychology as well as study programmes in the psychology of learning and in work and organizational psychology. We have also three outpatient clinics in which we treat patients as part of the clinical programme. The Department of Psychology is one of seven departments in the Faculty of Social and Educational Sciences.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The employment period is 3 years, including 1 year dedicated to teaching.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow (code 1352) you are normally paid from gross NOK 553 500 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU. After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
It is a prerequisite you can be present at and accessible to the institution on a daily basis.
Working at NTNU A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
Under the freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Diploma Supplement is required to attach for European Master Diplomas outside Norway. Chinese applicants are required to provide confirmation of Master Diploma from China Credentials Verification (CHSI).
If you are invited for interview you must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number SU-737 when applying.
Scroll Down for Content
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Alexander Olsen, email: [email protected] If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Terese Brå, Email: [email protected]
Other Vacancies from this field
Scroll Down for Content