Postdoc Job in nano photonics at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden 2022
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Photonics
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: Subject to norms
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Brinellvägen, Stockholm, Sweden
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Independence, especially being able to run research projects with regard to project goals, available resources, scheduling and reporting.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor technology, microelectronics and photonics
- Collaborative skills, especially to be able to run research projects in collaboration with internal and external partners, but also interact constructively with the maintenance staff and external groups at the Electrum laboratory.
- Research expertize, especially practical/analytical problem-solving skills, experience in systematic documentation work, and good knowledge of the scientific method and publication strategies in scientific journals and conferences
- Teaching abilities, especially being able to convey research results internally, in project consortia or the scientific community at large, but also being able to contribute to the department's teaching at the master's level (in English).
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
The overall research activities of the group relate to the development of nanophotonic components regarding design, manufacturing and integration. Ongoing research projects are focused on dynamic photonic crystal-based single-mode lasers for telecom and LiDAR applications, quantum dot-based single-photon emitters, and electronics-photonics integration, "silicon-photonics", where photonic functions are incorporated into a full-scale CMOS process. The intention of the position is primarily to strengthen the group's competence in terms of epitaxy and component processing. As such, it will be of central importance to all ongoing research projects and thus also cover all aspects of the development work, from design and simulation to system experiments. The position does not include any requirements on teaching, but depending on needs and interest, this can be offered.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in either of these languages.
- Brief statement of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to this position, your previous studies and future goals (max. 2 pages).
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the Employer: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Note or Other details
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Front-line research at the KTH Electrum Laboratory with state-of-the-art facilities for semiconductor processing and nanotechnology.
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Advertisement Details: Postdoc in nanophotonics