Postdoc in CFD simulations of multiphase flows at School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden 2022
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in fluid mechanics, chemical engineering, computational combustion, heat-transfer or equivalent, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Knowledge of programming in Fortran, C/C++ or similar·
- Experience in fluid simulations using LES or DNS on HPC·
- Research expertise
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience using post-processing tools and software and associated scripting (python)
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
In line with KTH's goal of a future sustainable society, this effort is aimed at the sustainable goals of Clean and Affordable Energy and Climate Action, especially by enabling negative emissions through the capture of biogenic CO2. It is an important milestone towards a climate-neutral society. The technology used for BeCCS is established and available. Nevertheless, it is costly and innovations are expected to accelerate the implementation of new BeCCS features. In this project, we will increase the understanding of the relevant mechanisms and simulate turbulent heat and mass transport relevant to CO2 capture by droplets. This project mainly focuses on simulations with DNS. The technical goals are:
- to modify an in-house DNS code to simulate CO2 absorption
- to simulate with high fidelity the absorption of carbon dioxide from droplets in a turbulent flow.
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. C-2022-2276
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge. Max 2 pages long.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max 1 page long.
About the Department/Section/Group
Note or Other detailsThe position offered is for, at the most, two years. A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation. Others Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values. For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here. We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons. Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
- Christophe Duwig, [email protected]