The Department of Philosophy, University of Amsterdam is looking for a candidate/ two candidates to teach in the Bachelor and Master Philosophy, due to temporary replacement of permanent faculty staff member who has maternity leave and a staff member with obligations elsewhere in the second semester of the academic year 22/23 (Feb-July 2023). The ideal candidate has expertise in Metaphysics, Feminist Philosophy and/or Practical Philosophy
- Master and preferably PhD in Philosophy;
- experience with teaching in Bachelor and Master programmes at an academic level, specifically in Practical Philosophy, Feminist Philosophy, and/or Metaphysics;
- experience with digital and audiovisual equipment;
- affinity with IT in academic education;
- team spirit and a willingness to participate in activities of the department;
- willing and able to cooperate in multidisciplinary projects;
- good command of English and preferably Dutch.
- The Dutch University Teaching Qualification, or willingness to acquire this.
You will provide inspiring lectures and seminars for the following courses.
- Metaphysics (bachelor, 12 EC, second semester, starting from 1 February 2023)
- Feminism and Philosophy (bachelor, 6 EC, second semester, starting from 1 April 2023)
- Ethics and the good life (bachelor, 6 EC, second semester, starting from 1 February 2023)
- Fixing Frankenstein, Normative questions in Technology of Philosophy (Master, 6 EC, starting from 1 February 2023)
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. 10558
If you feel the profile fits you, and you are interested in the job, we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV. Please specify which of the courses you are interested in and able to teach. You can apply online via the link. The deadline for applying for this vacancy is 27 October 2022. Applications should include the following information (submitted in one .pdf):
- a letter of motivation;
- a detailed CV;
About the Department/Section/GroupThe Faculty of Humanities provides education and conducts research with a strong international profile in a large number of disciplines in the field of language and culture. Located in the heart of Amsterdam, the faculty maintains close ties with many cultural institutes in the capital city. Research and teaching staff focus on interdisciplinary collaboration and are active in several teaching programmes.
Note or Other detailsWe offer a temporary employment contract for the second semester for the duration of 6 months. The employment contract is between 11,3 and 30 hours a week, depending on the combination of courses we agree upon. Preferred starting date is 1 February 2023. The gross monthly salary, based on 38 hours per week and relevant experience, ranges between €2,960 - €4,670 based on a fulltime contract. This sum does not include the 8% holiday allowance and the 8,3% year-end allowance. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable. What else do we offer?
- an enthusiastic, inspiring and professional academic team;
- the opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers at world renowned research institutes with an interdisciplinary approach
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- Professor Mari Mikkola, chair of the department