Full Professorship in Computing Education Research is available for doctoral degree candidates in Computer Science at Computer Science Department, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark 2022
Scroll Down for Content
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Computer Science
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: According to standard norms
Scroll Down for Content
We look to hire a strong candidate holding a PhD or similar in computer science or a closely related field.
The ideal candidate:
- Develops and conducts excellent computer science teaching at university level
- Conducts computing education research and disseminates the results
- Has a track record in computer science research
- Helps others develop excellent computer science teaching locally, nationally and internationally
- Contributes to student recruiting with attention to diversity and inclusion
The ideal candidate takes a combined theoretical and practical approach.
Applicants must be able to read and speak a Scandinavian language or be willing to learn Danish.
The successful applicant is expected to have a track record of delivering excellent results regarding:
- Research, in computer science and computer science education
- PhD supervision
- Education and curriculum development
- Outreach outside academia, e.g. to industry, other organizations, or the public
- Research management
- Attracting external funding
The applicant must document results in all these directions. It must be documented that the applicant is both internationally recognized and has had an impact outside her/his peer community, for instance in collaborations with industry or other organizations outside academia.
Therefore, the responsibilities of the full professor will include:
- Develop education and teaching at the university
- Influence the way IT is used and taught in Denmark
- Lead cooperation with external partners
- Create a pipeline of external research funding
- Develop relations to external partners, and in particular to the educational sector also at pre-university levels
The application should document the applicant's background and track record with respect to the responsibilities listed above.
The application should also state any additional qualities that the candidate may possess, such as excellent communication skills, leadership skills in diverse environments, and the like.
The Computer Science Department at the IT University of Copenhagen invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of full professor. The proposed starting date is November 2022 or soon thereafter.
The IT University’s vision is to create and share knowledge that is profound and leads to ground-breaking information technology and services for the benefit of humanity. The Computer Science Department seeks to conduct research and education that are both foundational and have impact on industry and society.
The full professor is expected to contribute to research and education, to develop strategy, and mentor junior faculty and postdocs in the applied-for area. Moreover, the professor is expected to attract external research funding and to build external collaboration in joint research projects also with partners outside of academia.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
The application must be in English and must include:
- A short plan outlining and arguing for the intended research and teaching initiatives and engagements (2-3 A4 pages)
- A memorandum stating your most important scientific work relevant to the position and your contribution to such work (2-3 A4 pages)
- 5-10 relevant publications or other research contributions relevant for the applicant’s field
- A numbered list of publications and other research contributions relevant for the applicant’s field. The enclosed publications/contributions should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment and academic background
- Information indicating experience and results in Ph.D. supervision, research management, fundraising and research cooperation
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificate etc.)
- Documentation of pedagogical training and experience along with a teaching record relevant for the position. The teaching record should at least for each course include your official responsibility, the size of the course, the academic level, and the number of students. Include max. 5 course descriptions to document the experience.
Recognizing the diversity of traditions, methods and delivery format in the range of fields included in this call, the publications or other documented research contributions should be submitted in the format relevant for the applicant’s field. All application materials are to be submitted through the online application portal in the format of pdf documents.
Applications without the above-mentioned required documents will not be assessed.
The applicant will be accessed according to the Appointment Order from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of 13 March 2012.
The IT University may use shortlisting in connection to the recruitment process. In case of shortlisting, the Chair of the hiring committee selects applicants for assessment in consultation with the hiring committee after the application deadline. All applicants are notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The shortlisting of candidates for assessment is based on the criteria in the job posting.
Early contact with our faculty staff is strongly encouraged.
You can only apply for this position through our e-recruitment system. Apply by pushing the button "Apply for position" in the job announcement on our website: http://en.itu.dk/About-ITU/Vacancies
Please note that all application material will be destroyed after the assessment.
The IT University uses tests in connection with the recruitment process.
Note or Other details
The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) is a teaching and research-based tertiary institution concerned with information technology (IT) and the opportunities it offers. The IT University has more than 160 full-time academics. Research and teaching in information technology span all academic activities which involve computers including computer science, information and media sciences, humanities and social sciences, business impact and the commercialization of IT.
Working at the IT University
Located in modern architecture at the intersection of the new Ørestad and the old Amager, the IT University offers an informal working environment, a varied everyday life, and a highly motivated, ambitious, competent and diverse international faculty, with PhD degrees from 15 different countries. The IT University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to achieve gender balance among students and among faculty. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
Working in Copenhagen
Copenhagen has a strong educational system, a rich cultural life, universal healthcare, good childcare, an international environment, and well-functioning infrastructure. Copenhagen is among the world’s most livable cities according to the Economist Global Livability Index. Living and working in Copenhagen will be a good experience for you and your family.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
Applications/enclosures received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you submit an application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives before the deadline, so please allow sufficient time for upload of publications and other documents.
The IT University invites all qualified researchers regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the positions.
Scroll Down for Content
Questions about the positions can be directed to Head of Computer Science Department Peter Sestoft, IT University of Copenhagen, email [email protected] or phone +45 7218 5083. Questions related to the application procedure may be directed to HR at [email protected].
Other Vacancies from this field
Scroll Down for Content