Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 46 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
Description of the workplace
The Structural Proteomics research infrastructure is a part of the SciLifeLab Integrated structural biology platform (https://www.scilifelab.se/services/integrated-structural-biology/).
The unit provides access to cutting-edge equipment and expertise, for the analysis of protein interactions and conformational dynamics of proteins using mass spectrometry. The structural proteomics unit does contract research for scientist and companies in Sweden and EU where our main analysis techniques are Hydrogen/Deuterium Exchange – (HDX) and Crosslinking Mass Spectrometry. We are a national Swedish infrastructure that provides research services that can provide insight into the function of macromolecules to generate increased understanding of diseases. The unit is funded by the SciLifeLab, the Swedish Research Council (BioMS) and Lund University.
Within the department, we ensure a good working environment with respect and consideration in our relationships with each other. We are constantly working to create the conditions for job satisfaction, development and participation for all employees.
What we offer
Lund University is a public authority, which means that you will have special benefits, generous annual leave and an advantageous occupational pension. We also have a flextime agreement that creates good conditions for work/life balance. Read more on the University’s website about being a Lund University employee, Work at Lund University.
Work duties and areas of responsibility
We are looking for a research engineer that will be a part of our team. The main work will be sample preparation for structural proteomics, i.e. wet lab work and mass spectrometry, followed by data analysis and visualization of data for users of the infrastructure.
We envision that you will start with the easiest assignments and then as you learn and become more experienced, progress to increasingly difficult/qualified work.
The requirements for the position are:
- At least masters level education in a relevant field for the application (e.g. structural biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular genetics, molecular cell biology or a related field).
- Very good communication skills in spoken and written English and Swedish.
- Documented practical experience of laboratory work.
Additional qualifications for the position are:
- Documented theoretical or practical experience in structural biology and/or mass spectrometry.
- Experience from working in industry or at a research infrastructure.
- You are driven and motivated by working in a laboratory.
- You can quickly learn new working methods
- Good computer skills.
The employment is a fixed-term employment (SÄVA) full-time for 1 year.
Desired first day of employment is August 1, 2023, or as agreed.
How to apply
You apply for the position via the University’s recruitment system. The application is to include a personal letter describing how you meet the qualification requirements and why you are interested in the position. The application is also to include a CV with a list of publications, a general description of previous research work, a copy of your doctoral degree and any other documents to which you wish to draw attention (copies of degree certificates, grade transcripts, details of referees, letters of recommendation, etc.)
Welcome with your application!
The Faculty of Medicine is a part of Lund University, and is responsible for education and research within medicine and healthcare. Our academic programs are closely linked with the healthcare system and are firmly anchored in the faculty’s strong research tradition. Our research spans a broad field within experimental preclinical research, near-patient clinical research and health sciences research. The Faculty of Medicine, with its 1,800 employees and 2,700 students in Lund and Malmö, is a knowledge-intensive meeting place for students, teachers and researchers from all over the world.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
- Type of employment- Special fixed-term employment
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- 2023-08-01, eller enligt överenskommelse
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100 %
- City- Lund
- County- Skåne län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- PA2023/1583
- Johan Malmström, rekryterande chef, 0462220830
- Sara Skogar, personalsamordnare, 046-2224961
- OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-2229362
- SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, email@example.com
- SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-2229366
Last application date
12.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST