At the department, education is conducted in the subjects of computer engineering, electronics, electrical engineering and sound production. The research at the department takes place at the research center Sensible Things that Communicate (www.miun.se/stc) and deals with sensor-based systems and services for use within the Internet of Things and artificial intelligence.
You will be working with tools and frameworks (e.g., OpenAirInterface, Open5GS, SDRs, Traffic Generators and Analyzers, Real-time Operating Systems, and others) for experimental setup and evaluation. The implementation/re-use of physical and medium access layer techniques, wireless control algorithms, and different control scenarios is also an integral part of the work description.
The position requires active and effective dissemination of the design choices to the stakeholders and maintaining a documented record of the setup and the code. You are also expected to publish international conferences and high-quality journals. The position may also involve other duties, such as support in project management and lab work design for Wireless IoT courses, but not more than 20% of work time.
To be eligible for this position, you must have an MSc, Licentiate, or Ph.D. degree in wireless communications, signal processing, embedded control systems or a closely related field in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
You should have an outstanding track record of independent R&D activities in designing and developing prototypes and project demonstrators in the relevant domain. You should also have a solid background in at least two of the following areas:
• Hands-on working experience in embedded systems and wireless networking technologies, e.g. 5G, LTE, WiFi, V2X, UAVs.
• Knowledge on recent 3GPP developments on PHY/MAC layer algorithms and protocols, including AI/ML-based enhancements.
• Experience in wireless system modelling, algorithm design, simulation tools, MatLab, C++, Python and SDR.
• Understanding of the operation and ML/AI-based optimization of wireless and end-to-end communication systems, protocols, video streaming, and cloud/edge computing.
• Knowledge in the automotive domain, automated driving, safety critical software and system design, functional safety, intelligent transportation systems, cloud solutions, etc.
You should be capable to autonomously support research activities in the previously mentioned areas, and should combine good analytical skills with a strong attitude towards practical implementation.
Other assessment criteria
Good command of English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results.
Processing of the appointment will be in accordance with Mid Sweden University’s Employment Procedures.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position (100%) for 11.5 months, starting according to agreement.
Place of employment: Sundsvall InformationFor more detailed information contact from Prof. Mikael Gidlund (Head of Research), firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Patrik Österberg (Head of Institution), email@example.com, phone +46 10 1428614.
Application documents must be submitted in Swedish or English and include the following:
• A letter stating the motivation, relevant qualifications, and ambitions toward the position.
• A current curriculum vitae.
• Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science or PhD). On request, you could be asked for an official English translation.
• R&D portfolio. A complete list of projects or publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 3 documents/publications.
• Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organizations and the like.
• Additional qualifications concerning the position. References/recommendations.Please send in your application through recruitment system by no later than June 15st, 2023.
Mid Sweden University has two campuses; in Sundsvall and in Östersund, both located close to students, colleagues and the surrounding society. At the same time, it is located conveniently close to the sea, forests and mountains, which provides a great quality of life. Here, new knowledge is created by means of internationally successful research and education that contribute to the development of our society. This way, we actively contribute to a sustainable future and a better world. Welcome to a university where people meet, get inspired and think in new ways. Mid Sweden University works actively for equal opportunities and strives to embrace the qualities that diversity and equality bring to the organization. Prior to any recruitment work, Mid Sweden University has taken a position on consulting support, recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore kindly ask media vendors, recruitment sites and the like not to contact us.
- Contract type
- First day of employment
According to agreement
The salary is determined individually
- Number of positions
- Working hours
- Reference number
- Union representative
- Lollo Ljuslin, Fackförbundet ST, 010-1427914
- Ummis Jonsson, SACO, 010-1428809
- Last application date