About the position
A fixed-term 100 % position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Social Sciences as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Information Systems, affiliated to the Department of Information Systems, for a period of 2 years / 3 years with 30% teaching duties. The position is located, at the present, at Campus Kristiansand. The starting date is negotiable with the Faculty.
Department of Information Systems has twenty-seven permanent employees in teaching and research positions, seventeen PhD-candidates, two in Post. Doctor positions and seven adjunct professors. The department offers a one-year program, and a bachelor-, master- and PhD-degree in Information Systems, and a master´s degree in cyber security in collaboration with Department of ICT at Campus Grimstad. The department offers courses in the teacher´s education and in the master´s program in Health- and social informatics, and further education in Information Systems.
Faculty of Social Sciences has four departments, Department of Global Development and Urban Planning, Department of Information Systems, Department of Political Science and Department of Sociology and Social Work.
The position is linked with Horizon Europe Project FAME – Federated decentralized trusted dAta Marketplace for Embedded finance. FAME is a joint effort of world-class experts in data management, data technologies, the data economy, and digital finance to develop, deploy and launch to the global market a unique, trustworthy, energy-efficient, and secure federated data marketplace for Embedded Finance (EmFi). The FAME marketplace will alleviate the proclaimed limitations of centralized cloud marketplaces towards demonstrating the full potential of the data economy. In this direction, the project will enhance a state of the art data marketplace infrastructure (i.e., H2020 i3-Market marketplace) with novel functionalities.
- The fellow will mainly contribute to developing and evaluating Business and Operational Models for the FAME Marketplace.
- Involvement and contribution to other parts of the project that includes Accounting, Trading, Pricing and Monetization Schemes, Smart Contracts for Programmable Trading and Monetization, and Semantic Search for Trading and Valuation of Data Assets.
- Contribute to the relevant objectives and deliverables of the project.
- Participate and contribute to communication and dissemination activities.
- Author relevant to the project publications and reports.
- Assist in the administrative tasks of the EU Horizon project
Further provisions relating to the positions as Post-doctoral Research Fellows can be found in the Regulations Concerning Terms and Conditions of Employment for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Research Fellow, Research Assistant and Resident.
- Doctoral degree in Information Systems or a corresponding field.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Blockchain, data management, data technologies, data economy, digital finance, business models for data marketplaces, quality assessment of data assets
- Strong publication record in the areas described above.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in English, both written and oral.
- It is hoped that applicants will have presented their theses during the last five years.
- Experience with participation in research projects (e.g., EU, national).
- Teaching experience (if interested in teaching duties)
- Knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is welcomed
Emphasis will be placed upon the project description and the relevance it has with regard to the subject in question and the research environment at the Faculty.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong motivation to contribute to good working and social environment
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasised
- professional development in a large, exciting, and socially influential organisation
- an open, positive, inclusive, and diverse working environment
- modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.510, code 1352, NOK 580 000 – 620 000 gross salary per year. Higher salary grades may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
UiA is an open and inclusive university. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and makes us better. We, therefore, encourage qualified candidates to apply for the position independent of gender, age, cultural background, disability, or an incomplete CV.
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organisational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. Appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. With the applicant’s permission, UiA will also conduct a reference check before appointment. Read more about the employment process.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job”.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Academic CV
- Cover letter (max 1 page/500words) with your motivation for this position
- Transcripts and diplomas for bachelor’s-, master’s- and PhD degrees. If you have not yet completed your Ph.D., provide confirmation on your estimated date for the doctoral dissertation, or that your PhD thesis has been submitted
- A copy of the doctoral thesis. You may can attach a draft of the thesis. Documentation of a completed doctoral degree must be presented before taking up the position.
- Academic works – published or under review – that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 5 items)
- Essay/research plan (max 1-2 pages/1000 words) that provides your view of the main research challenges in data marketplaces related to emerging technologies from a sociotechnical point of view.
- Name and contact information of two reference people
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
Application deadline: 01.03.23
- For questions about the position:
Professor Ilias Pappas, tel. +47 38 14 14 49, mobile +47 485 03 063, e-mail email@example.com
- For questions about the application process:
Senior Adviser, HR Anna Færavaag, phone +47 38 14 24 14, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Agder
The University of Agder has more than 1500 employees and almost 14 000 students. This makes us one of the largest workplaces in Southern Norway. Our staff research, teach and disseminate knowledge from a variety of academic fields. Co-creation of knowledge is our common vision. We offer a broad range of study programmes in many fields. We are situated at two modern campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad respectively.
We are an open and inclusive university marked by a culture of cooperation. The aim of the university is to further develop education and research at a high international level.