SDU UAS Center, part of Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, invites applications for a position as research assistant within Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS, Drones). The position is a 3-year employment and is available from August 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will become part of the SDU UAS Center, where we conduct research in civil drone technologies and future drone applications within areas such as inspection, energy, agriculture, and healthcare. Together we create drone solutions for the benefit of society. We offer a positive work environment and a close connection to the world-leading Robotics community of Odense.
- Initially the main task will be to work on the project “Precision Seed Breeding/Præcisions Frøavl” which aims to reduce herbicide consumption in weed control in the cultivation of grass seed. The project is funded by GUPD and Frøafgiftsfonden.
- Helping with computer vision tasks in other SDU UAS projects like WildDrone and GENIUS will also be part of the position).
You should have a relevant engineering degree in drones, robotics, electronics, software or another related field at MSc level or higher, and should have expertise in several of the following areas:
- Research and development within computer vision and machine learning.
- Research and development within UAS platforms, subsystems, and payloads.
- Software design and development (C, C++, Python).
- UAS operations (experiments, piloting).
In addition, the position may involve teaching-related activities, so teaching experience is considered a relevant qualification. The candidate will be part of the SDU UAS Center and is expected to participate in the center’s project portfolio and outreach activities.
Tasks could include, but are not limited to, research and development within:
- Algorithms for the analysis of orthomosaics with the purpose of locating unwanted / weed plants
- Software for automating processing of large data sets (quality control, orthomosaic generation, and analysis)
- Operation of multirotor and fixed-wing UAS
For certain projects, and for tasks at the Drone labs at HCA airport, a security check by relevant authorities and a driver’s license are required.
For further information please contact Associate Professor Henrik Skov Midtiby, email@example.com or +45 65507932
Conditions of employment
Employment as a research assistent requires scientific qualifications at graduate level. Employment as a research assistent is temporary and will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessments and selection process.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include:
Motivated application Detailed Curriculum Vitae Certificates/Diplomas (MSc) Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included. The application deadline is 22.06.2023.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.