- Position- Assistant Professor
- Irène Curie Fellowship- No
- Department(s)- Mechanical Engineering
- FTE- 1,0
- Date off- 25/06/2023
- Reference number- V35.6632
Are you inspired by design-driven research to accelerate the sustainable energy transition in the built environment? Then please join the Energy Technology and Fluid Dynamics group of the Department Mechanical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology. At present we have an open position for an Assistant Professor in the national HERITAGE programme. HERITAGE (HEat Robustness In relation To AGEing cities) is a research programme aiming at detection, reduction and prevention of heat-stress occurring due to ageing of built environmental settings and buildings in Dutch cities, through socio-technical solutions. This programme is a 4TU initiative, connecting the four universities of technology in The Netherlands: Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente and Wageningen University and Research. You will find more information via this link.
As our new Tenure Track Assistant Professor you will concentrate on innovative techniques for analysis, simulation, development and experimental testing of (1) solar irradiance, temperatures and humidity in 3D built environments on the basis of remote sensing and big data analytics, and (2) to be newly designed sustainable energy systems (heat, electricity, fuels and storage) with a significant share of solar energy, to be implemented in aged neighbourhoods and buildings. Focus will be on among others, but not exclusively:
– translation of 3D models in a design environment to data-driven assessment environments
– sun-oriented 3D environments for different time scales (minutes to years), and different spacing (centimeters to kilometres)
– evaluations of solar irradiance and innovative sustainable energy systems in two living labs with end users and stakeholder involvement, eventually supported by financial analyses and, possibly, Life Cycle Analysis
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Design Engineering, Built Environment or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality interdisciplinary academic research, reflected by demonstratable products.
- Motivated to teach, contribute to teaching processes, and to develop excellent teaching skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Effective communication and leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring of students and staff, leading a project or chairing a group.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- A Tenure Track with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor.
- The opportunity to focus your career on education, research, or impact. You can develop your personal ambitions and objections within the strategic objectives of the university.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- A dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- High-quality training programs for academic leadership and teaching.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as is a tax compensation scheme (the 30% Facility) and Partner Career Support.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-5-position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is like as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video below.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Prof. dr. Angèle Reinders a.h.m.e.reinders[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process. For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, click here or contact Josje van Oudenaarden, Senior Recruiter, j.e.v.oudenaarden[at]tue.nl or +31 643559575.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.