Executive Assistant Position for the House of Innovation at the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology, Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), Sweden 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Executive Assistant
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Economics
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: 12 months
Salary: According to standard norms
Scroll Down for Content
You are likely to be described as a service-minded organizer with excellent collaborative and communications skills, as well as excellent language skills (English and Swedish). You enjoy working in a high-pace environment, both independently and together with others, and you can easily adapt to changing circumstances. You are proactive, have strong problem-solving skills and an eye for details. When needed, you are decisive and action oriented. You are warm, open and enjoy interacting with people.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible administrative experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Proactive, flexible, and with sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and in Swedish.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- This position may involve work outside of regular hours.
- Experience from working in an international environment where English is the primarily language.
- Experience from project work/project planning.
An important role in an international and exciting environment where you will have many opportunities to use and further develop your competencies and skills. You will primarily assist the Chair/Department Head of the House of Innovation (HOI), but also its Executive Director (concurrent hiring). In your role, you will support the interaction of external and internal stakeholders with the leadership of HOI, and support the leadership function.
You will have contact with faculty, professional service staff members, alumni, corporate partners, donors and students. We expect you to exercise initiative and independent judgment in managing the Chair’s schedule, the inflow of requests and tasks, and daily activities. You will coordinate activities with several departments and administrative units of SSE and occasionally manage additional events and activities on request from the Chair or Executive Director.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the main point of contact for the Chair and Executive Director of HOI
- Supporting the Chair, and Executive Director
- Facilitating the efficient utilization of the Chair's time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, engagements, SSE, HOI, and community functions with individuals and groups
- Planning and executing appointments and events arranged by the Chair
- Interacting and collaborating with the SSE External Relations and Info Center units
- Coordinating and prioritizing the flow of incoming and outgoing communications by receiving, routing, and/or responding to incoming communications and determining the appropriate department or unit for outgoing communications,
- Facilitating efficient and cost-effective travel arrangements and expenses management for the Chair
- Contributing to the overall success of HOI and SSE by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: 2022/18
Basic documents required for the application
About the Department/Section/Group
The House of Innovation, a newly formed environment at SSE, offers a vibrant, interdisciplinary, and highly international research, education, and outreach environment focused on innovation, digitalization, and entrepreneurship (https://ssehoi.com/home). We collaborate with a broad, influential network of academics, corporations, government agencies, and civil society actors, with the aim to contribute to the advancement of society and of the international academic community. HOI has 11 tenured and 14 tenure-track professors (including new colleagues arriving after the summer), 22 Ph.D. students, 8 postdocs, and approx. 20 affiliated research fellows, as well as a prestigious program for visiting scholars.
HOI’s academic core is the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology, and the environment also hosts several research centers: the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, the Scania Center for Innovation and Operational Excellence, The Garden – Center for Design and Leadership, Center for Data Analytics, the MISUM Platform: Sustainable Business Development through Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and The Swedish Center for Digital Innovation, Stockholm (SCDI Sthlm). We also run the SSE Business Lab start-up incubator and coordinate SSE’s involvement in the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES), a consortium with six major universities in Stockholm providing innovation and entrepreneurship education across the wider Stockholm area and beyond.
HOI faculty members regularly publish in a wide range of top academic journals, and serve on editorial boards, in editorial positions, and in academic leadership positions. They frequently receive substantial grants from leading Swedish and European funding institutions to conduct state-of-the-art research, and serve on national and international policy committees, thus contributing to the shaping of society and its innovation ecosystems.
About Stockholm School of Economics
The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and Executive Education programs. Through creativity and collaboration, the Stockholm School of Economics provides an environment where ambitious students and accomplished researchers meet to address contemporary challenges within business and economics, particularly those concerning sustainability, diversity and innovation.
In addition to delivering world class education within business and economics, we facilitate the development of SSE students to become successful decision makers and leaders of the future. https://www.hhs.se/en/about-us/organization/ mission-and-vision/
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.
Note or Other details
This is a full-time, time-limited position for 12 months, with the possibility to extend. We are looking for this position to begin as soon as possible, and accept applications on an ongoing-basis. We apply an ongoing selection, so do not wait to submit your application.
Scroll Down for Content
- Lisa Larson, HR, +46768437925
Other Vacancies from this field Social Science and Humanities
Scroll Down for Content