The Swedish School of Textiles, Department of Design invites applications for a Senior Lecturer in Design with a Specialisation in Textile Design at University of Boras, Sweden, 2022
Position: Senior Lecturer
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Sustainable Development
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Permanent
Salary: Subject to norms
Department of Design
University of Borås, Allégatan, Borås, Sweden
The position requires demonstrated teaching expertise, a degree of Doctor in the Arts, and demonstrated artistic expertise or equivalent professional expertise that is of importance with regard to the subject matter of the position and the duties to be included in the position. Furthermore, the position requires good ability to communicate in English in speech and writing.
We would like candidates for this position to have documented advanced knowledge of textile design methods as well as various textile techniques, including digital tools and processes. In addition, you as a candidate need to have knowledge and understanding of, as well as practical experience with, new textile materials for design, textiles' various interactions and expression possibilities, and of experimental design research with a focus on sustainable development, design methodology, and aesthetics. You also have experience of supervision and teaching in design as well as of leadership in the textile field. You are a structured person who can prioritise among tasks and you work just as well in groups as independently.
Merits for the position are:
- Experience of supervision of degree projects and teaching in textile design.
- Experience of collaborative projects in related art and design areas
- Experience of publishing artistic research results in relevant exhibitions, journals, conferences, or equivalent
- International network when it comes to education and research
For a permanent position at the university, you must have completed training in higher education pedagogy equivalent to 10 weeks of full-time studies or have equivalent knowledge.
This course can be completed during the first two years of employment. Read about qualifying training in higher education pedagogy.
As a Senior Lecturer with us, you work with teaching and supervision in design at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, with a particular focus on theoretical development and practical applications in textile methods and aesthetics. Your duties also include conducting your own research and participating in development of the research and education environment, including through course and programme development. Your role also includes participating in the department's collaborations both with adjacent textile education areas and with the outside world, as well as working for increased internationalisation of the design educational programmes.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: PA 2022/184
Write clearly in your application which position you are applying for and include the applicable reference number. A complete application should include the following electronic documents:
- Cover page/personal letter with brief reason for your application where the position and subject area applied for is stated
- CV with relevant description of your overall professional experience presented in chronological order
- Merit portfolio according to the University of Borås’s guidelines (Template for merit portfolio in PDF format)
- Copies of relevant degree certificates substantiating how you meet the requirements for the position
- Any certificates documenting completed training in teaching and learning in higher education
- Publication list and/or list of works within the artistic subject area
- Relevant scientific/artistic publications cited in support of the application (maximum 7)
- Copies of relevant certificates/grades/documentation substantiating how you meet the requirements for the position
More information for you as an applicant can be found on our Job vacancies webpage: How to apply for a job with us
Contact HR at [email protected] if you have publications that cannot be attached electronically directly to your application. Such publications must be received by the university no later than one week after the application deadline. After the application deadline, no additions can be made electronically.
About the Employer: University of Borås (HB), Sweden
Note or Other details
For a permanent position at the university, you must have completed training in higher education pedagogy equivalent to 10 weeks of full-time studies or have equivalent knowledge. This course can be completed during the first two years of employment. Read about qualifying training in higher education pedagogy.
Type of employment: Permanent employment. A six-month probationary period may be applied.
Employment rate: 100%
Start date: As soon as possible and as agreed upon.
Position location: Borås, Sweden
Registration number: PA 2022/184
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Department Clemens Thornquist by phone +46 (0)33-435 43 66. Trade union representatives are Magnus Sirhed, OFR-ST and Martin Behre, Saco-S; they can be reached via the university’s switchboard at +46 (0)33-435 40 00.
Advertisement Details: Senior Lecturer in Design with a Specialisation in Textile Design