KTH is looking for a Python software engineer to work in the field of cybersecurity, network management and research.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of python modules to abstract away infrastructure, cybersecurity concepts and operations
- Design of APIs and standalone CLI apps for consumption by end users
- Automation of infrastructure and handling of CI/CD
- Documentation of the codebase for fellow developers as well as end users
- Unit and integration testing of the codebase
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- 2 years of software engineering experience as a professional or via other involvement in software projects
- You are a person who don’t have a problem with being independent in your work
- We see that you are a person who enjoys collaborating with others
- Fluency in Python
- Software engineering skills and knowledge of principles, methods and tools
- Bash scripting
- Computer networking, virtualization
- Basic computer and network security principles
- Experience with cloud providers (especially Google Cloud)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring (especially using Elastic stack)
- Familiarity with configuration and orchestration tools (especially Ansible, k8s)
- Machine learning background
- Some UI development skills (especially on the web)
- We see that you have awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
As a person, you communicate respectfully and constructively with other team members and you approach technical discussions as an opportunity to improve the product, to learn and to advance the team. You embrace established solutions and try to reuse and improve them.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to agreement. The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here
- Type of employment Permanent position
- Contract type Full time
- First day of employment According to agreement
- Salary Monthly salary
- Number of positions 1
- Full-time equivalent 100%
- City Stockholm
- County Stockholms län
- Country Sweden
- Reference number J-2023-1227
- Lilly Engfeldt, HR, email@example.com
- Pontus Johnson, rekryteringsansvarig, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date 16.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST