Research Engineer for large scale sequencing operations at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2022
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Brinellvägen, Stockholm, Sweden
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in molecular biology or equivalent competence.
- Familiarity with working in a laboratory environment
- The ability to express yourself well in English, as this will be required in day-to-day work
- We prefer if you have experience of large-scale sequencing, especially Illumina, but also other techniques for DNA and RNA analysis.
- Experience in tissue sectioning (cryostat and/or microtome), IHC and ISH is advantageous
- It is commendable if you have prior experience from service-oriented laboratory operations or with information systems for laboratories and quality assurance.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology/biochemistry
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
In order to succeed in this role, it is important that you are an independent problem solver, with a structured and quality conscious way of working. You also have good communication skills in both written and spoken language. You have excellent collaboration skill.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
You will be working as a research engineer in the development team at NGI, one of the largest European sequencing facilities, at SciLifeLab in Solna. Within the development team, we focus on implementing new methods and techniques into NGIs operations with the aim of giving Swedish researchers access to the latest methods within large-scale DNA and RNA sequencing. Your role will be varied and you will be involved in multiple different tasks, including:
- Developing lab protocols for new techniques and applications
- Design and carry out experiments to evaluate new protocols/methods
- Preparing and performing quality control of samples for large-scale sequencing
- Working in collaborative projects with users
- Working with laboratory automation systems
- Checking and maintaining instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities
- Working with quality assurance
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: C-2022-2460
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Only include the cover letter and CV in your application. Bring copies of grades and certificates if you are called to an interview.
About the Employer: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Note or Other details
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to agreement.The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
Anja Mezger, [email protected]se
Advertisement Details: Research Engineer for large scale sequencing operations