Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
As Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiology at Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery you will also work within the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at Karolinska University Hospital in Solna. You will work in an institution that is state-of –the art equipped with modern facilities where clinical activities are integrated with research and education.
Description of the subject area
Diagnostic Radiology includes conventional x-ray, ultrasonography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and interventional radiology. There is a close collaboration with the Department of Nuclear medicine with both PET/CT, SPECT/CT. In the research building Bioclinicum there is among other equipment also a 3T PET/MR and photon counting CT unit. The area includes clinical research in thoracic, abdominal, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, emergency radiology as well as imaging in metabolic disease. It includes also expertise in several multidisciplinary disease teams.
The employment has a focus on clinical research. The position is strategic for the further development of Diagnostic Radiology in the hospital and is located at the Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery (MMK), Karolinska Institutet, 50% of full-time, and employment as a specialist in diagnostic radiology at Karolinska University Hospital Solna of 50% full-time.
- Contribute to successful fulfillment of the Departments strategic plan
- Perform research, either clinical, translational and/or experimental in areas supported by the prerequisites in the department.
- Scientific supervision in areas within the department, including formal supervision in research and education at different academic and professional levels
- Contribute to good working environment based on multiprofessional collaboration in research education and development
- Actively contribute to regional, national and international collaboration within imaging in programs for PhD students and visiting researchers.
- Participate in clinical diagnostic activities in the department with high priority in research and education related to clinical multidisciplinary teams.
To be eligible for an employment as Senior Lecturer with focus on research, in addition to holding a Degree of Doctor, PhD, or having equivalent scientific expertise, the applicant must have demonstrated good pedagogical expertise; excellent scientific expertise and clinical expertise in the field of Diagnostic Radiology.
The applicant shall also have completed 10 weeks of courses on teaching in higher education (or have equivalent competence), as indicated in the recommendations of the Association of Swedish Higher Education Institution. If the person appointed for the position is lacking such education at the time of the employment, the appointee must undergo such education during the first two years of employment.
The position is combined with a position as a senior consultant at Department of Diagnostic Radiology Karolinska University Hospital Solna. The candidate must have an MD with specialist competence in Diagnostic Radiology, as well as having fulfilled the National Board of Health and Welfare’s requirements for practicing medicine in Sweden.
Since the position includes clinical work, the successful applicant must, beside English, demonstrate proficiency in Swedish, Norwegian or Danish (C1 level according to the common European reference scale (CERS).
The Senior Lectureship has a focus on research. The assessment will weight qualifications as follows: research expertise (3), educational expertise (2), leadership, development and collaboration expertise (2), and clinical expertise (2).
For employment as Senior Lecturer at Karolinska Institutet, the eligibility requirements and assessment criteria stated in the Instructions regarding the Appointment Procedure 3.2.1 are applied in relation to established profile of employment.
It is meritorious that the applicant has shown
-Ability to obtain external research funding within the research area.
– Management and conduct of clinical trials.
– Management of a multiprofessional/multidisciplinary research group.
– Participation in multiprofessional/multidisciplinary networks for the development of research, preferably both at national and international level.
– Responsibility for courses or programs in pre- and postgraduate education.
– Teaching of health professionals and undergraduate students
After an overall assessment of the expertise and merits of the applicants in relation to the subject area, Karolinska Institutet will determine which of them has the best potential to contribute to a positive development of the activities at KI.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring enviroment with wide-ranging expertise and interests. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world´s leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the developments of knowledge about life and to promote a better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles to several benefits such as extended holiday and generous occupational pension. Employees also have access to our modern gym for free and receive reimbursement for medical care.
Your application must contain the following documents in English: a cover letter as well as a résumé and a qualifications portfolio including a description of your research plan, both presented in accordance with Karolinska Institutet’s template (http://ki.se/qualificationsportfolio). You may change or add to your application at any time up to and including the application deadline date. After the deadline, the process closes, and no amendment or addition can be made to your application.
The applications will be reviewed by external reviewers, most often both national and international. For that reason, all the submitted documents should be written in English.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Clinical position at Karolinska University Hospital:
To obtain position as specialist doctor (överläkare, biträdande överläkare, specialistläkare) at Karolinska University Hospital, assessment of the applicant’s clinical qualifications by the hospital’s Expert Committee is mandatory.
Hence, the documents listed below are required for determining the correct service level.
- Karolinska University Hospital’s form for Curriculum Vitae
- Swedish specialist certificate(s) issued by the National Board of Health and Welfare, as well as specialist certificate(s) from other countries than Sweden.
Welcome to apply!
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
- Type of employment- Permanent position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- According to agreement
- Salary- According to agreement
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100%
- City- Solna
- County- Stockholms län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- STÖD 2-3991/2021
- Anders Franco-Cereceda, Head of Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taher Darreh-Shori, SACO, email@example.com
- Elisabeth Noren-Krog, OFR, 08-51770478
- Virpi Töhönen, SACO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date
18.Sep.2023 11:59 PM CEST