Driven by the environment concern and sustainable requirement, electric vehicles (EVs) have attracted global attention as they provide more environmentally friendly transportation. However, the large-scale utilization of EVs will greatly increase the electricity consumption in the grid. If charging of EVs are not managed, it will pose significant impact on grid and require expensive grid reinforcement. On the other hand, vehicle to grid (V2G) and smart charging will provide opportunities to minimize grid impact and provide grid support for smooth integration of EVs. Moreover, V2G can be integrated with renewables to form a virtual power plant (VPP) for enhanced sustainability and profits. This project will hire two researchers, one researcher will work on the development of optimization strategies for EV charging and integration as well as coordination of VPPs, the other researcher will work on the power electronics and control for V2G systems.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree
- Research expertise in at least one of the areas: V2G management, power system optimization, multi-energy systems, microgrids
- Good publication record
- The ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice.
- Collaborative abilities
- Teaching ability.
- The ability to inform about research and development work
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
- Knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Your research experience (1 page) and your research plan (1 page) related to this project
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 12 months with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
- Type of employment – Temporary position 3-6 months
- Contract type – Full time
- First day of employment – According to agreement
- Salary – Monthly salary
- Number of positions – 1
- Full-time equivalent 100%
- City – Stockholm
- County – Stockholms län
- Country – Sweden
- Reference number J-2022-3151
- Eleni Nylén, email@example.com
- Qianwen Xu, firstname.lastname@example.org