Copenhagen Business School, Denamrk invites applications for a vacant associate professorship within the field of Digitalization, Feb 2023. Core research areas of the Department of Digitalization are Information Systems and Data Science.
Department of Digitalization are Information Systems and Data Science
Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads, Frederiksberg, Denmark
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type.
It is the ambition of the Department to bring together scholars who share a common interest in the study of digitalization in context, specifically focusing on co-creating knowledge with enduring consequences through the study of interrelationships and processes connecting people, data and digital technology. The core research areas of the department evolve around the disciplines and topics of Information Systems and Data Science. Faculty often engage with emergent topics and phenomena where digital technologies entangle with new individual, organizational and/or societal processes and practices. These foci are reflected in the faculty-driven research themes that create a platform for scholars to discuss and collaborate on research, teaching and funding activities.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in aspects of digitalization. The department provides research-based education in digitalization, covering both business and technical perspectives.
Examples of research areas that a scholarship might cover:
- Data Science & Cyber Security
- Digital Ecosystems
- Digital Health
- Digital Sustainability
- Digital Transformation of Work
- Mood and Digital Spaces
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Internet of Things
- Sports Digitalization
- Theory of Digital
- The Value of Data
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations. Please note that the assessment process will not start before the application deadline in February 2023.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
About the Department
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
About the Employer: CBS Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Advertisement Details: Associate Professorship in Digitalization