The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Intensive Care Nursing at the Faculty of Health Sciences, 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Nursing Science
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Permanent
Salary: 630.000 - 715.000 NOK/Year
Scroll Down for Content
We are primarily seeking an Associate Professor with a PhD or equivalent qualification within the subject area. You must hold a Norwegian authorization as nurse as well as formal education as intensive care nurse. Updated experience as an intensive care nurse is preferred.
You must be able to document active, ongoing research at a high academic level and have the potential for future high-level research in the subject area.
It is expected that you have a reflective and conscientious attitude towards your own teaching and supervision. You must be able to document pedagogical and didactic skills relating to higher education, and basic skills in planning, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision. If you do not meet the competence requirement you must complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years of the appointment start date. The course will be provided by the university.
Norwegian is the language mainly used at UiS. The working and teaching languages are Norwegian and English. It is expected that you can teach and supervise in Norwegian (equivalent to level B2), or another Scandinavian language, within a period of three years from accession. If required, you will be offered a Norwegian course paid for by the university.
In the absence of applicants with sufficient scientific expertise, the university may consider temporarily employment for up to three years, during which time he/she will endeavour to gain the qualifications necessary for a permanent position. You must be considered capable of gaining the necessary qualifications during the period of employment.
Assistant ProfessorIn the absence of applicants with sufficient scientific expertise we will consider hiring for a teaching position as an Assistant Professor. Assistant Professor must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing, Norwegian authorization as nurse, formal specialisation in Intensive Care Nursing and relevant master’s degree. Updated experience as an intensive care nurse is preferred. In addition, you must document pedagogical and didactic competence related to higher education or complete a university pedagogical course within a period of two years from accession.
The following attributes are also desirable
- ability to involve and engage students in teaching where the course's objectives, content and assessment situations are closely interlinked
- experience and/or interest in the development of varied learning methods and digital tools in teaching
- research results published in recognised publications, and references indicating progression in research and publications
- ability to initiate, obtain external funding for, lead and carry out research and development projects
- experience of partnerships with businesses relevant to the subject area
- contributed to the use of research-based knowledge in society and that you can refer to results from innovation and the commercialization of research
- demonstrated the ability to build and preserve professional networks - regionally, nationally and internationally
- ability to manage heavy workload, inquisitiveness and motivation to contribute to the development of academic and interdisciplinary collaboration at the university
- good teamwork and communication skills, and ability to contribute to a constructive working environment
Associate Professor will primarily teach and supervise students at bachelor's, master's and PhD level within the subject area, conduct research and disseminate research results within relevant research areas at the department and contribute to the development of partnerships with business. Assistant Professor will primarily teach and supervise students.
The development/use of digital and diverse learning methods, innovation, value creation based on results from research, and academic development work, will be included in the position.
The position is organized under the Department of Caring and Ethics. We prefer that applicants take interest in subject and research issues in accordance with the department’s profile. Further it is expected a broad engagement in development of intensive care nursing as subject and research field. This means close collaboration across the faculty concerning the master programme Advanced Practice Nursing (Anesthesia Nursing, Theatre Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing), as well as cooperation with clinical practice partners. The subject area is one out of three specializations in the master programme Advanced Practice Nursing (Anesthesia Nursing, Theatre Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing)
The general job description for Associate/Assistant Professors at UiS gives a more detailed account of relevant duties.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application:
- CV with a full summary of your education and experience
- a pedagogical portfolio with a professionally based description and discussion of your teaching and educational competence as well as relevant documentation that supports this, see guidelines for assessment of educational competence
- complete list of academic publications with information on where they are published
- up to 10 academic publications which are pivotal to your research output, including your PhD thesis or published monograph based upon the thesis
- transcripts and certificates, and other documentation that you consider relevant
Applications are evaluated based on the information available in Jobbnorge on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload.
Please note that information on applicants may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the official list of applicants, in accordance with Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act. If your request is not granted, you will be notified.
UiS only considers applications and attachments registered in Jobbnorge.
About the Department/Section/Group
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers bachelor’s programmes in Nursing and Paramedic, master’s programmes in Health Sciences with specializations in Public Health Nursing, in Midwifery, in Drug Abuse and Mental Health, in Prehospital Services and in Nursing with specializations in Anesthesia, Intensive Care or Surgical Nursing, and a continuing education programme in Cancer Nursing.The faculty further offers research education (PhD) in Health and Medicine and the research school PROFRES – National Research School for Professions-Oriented and Practice-Relevant Research in the fields of Health, Welfare and Education. The Faculty of Health Sciences has the following main research areas: Professional Relations in Welfare Professions, Health Promotion in Chronic Ailments, E-learning, Health Technology and Simulation, Life Phenomena and Caring, and Participation in School and Work. The research centre SHARE – Centre for Resilience in Health Care are also part of the faculty. There are currently 250 employees including students and postdocs, and 1400 students at The Faculty of Health Sciences.
The department of Caring and Ethics aims to develop and disseminate interdisciplinary knowledge of care and ethics, including the field of care ethics. The department contributes to educating reflected and highly qualified professional practitioners, and shall be an arena where questions and dilemmas relevant to care and ethics are explored and challenged. There are currently 65 employees, including research fellows and postdocs, at the department. The department has competence spanning theoretical and clinical specialization, interdisciplinary, critical and innovative approaches to care and ethics, as well as method development. The department comprises two program areas for research; Professional Relations in Welfare Professions and Life Phenomena and Care. The program areas develop and disseminate interdisciplinary and professional knowledge that is relevant to care, ethics and health.
Note or Other details
The university aims to recruit more men within the subject area. If several applicants are considered to have equal qualifications, male applicants will be given priority.
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- good development opportunities, Associate Professor/Assistant Professor is encouraged for further qualification with a view to promotion to Professor/Associate Professor.
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.510, Associate Professor in code 1011 NOK 630.000-715.000 gross per year and Assistant Professor in code 1009 NOK 563.000 - 626.000 gross per year. A higher salary may be considered in special cases. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club, SiS sportssenter
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Hjem-jobb-hjem, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme
- language courses: Look up “language courses” under employment conditions
Scroll Down for Content
More information on the position can be obtained from Head of Department Kristin Kavli Adriansen, tel: + 47 51 83 41 64, e-mail: [email protected] or professor Britt Sætre Hansen, tel:+ 47 51 83 42 56, [email protected].
Information about the appointment procedure can be obtained from HR Advisor Helene Engelsgjerd Figved, tel: + 47 51 83 15 58, e-mail: [email protected].
Other Vacancies from this field
Scroll Down for Content