Assistant Professor position in the area of governance of sustainability challenges with a broad knowledge of public administration with 60% work duties related to teaching and 40% work consisting of independent research for applicants with a Ph.D. (or are close to the completion) is available at the Department of Public Administration, Radboud University, The Netherlands-Mar 2022.
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Assistant Professor
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Environmental Studies, Geomatics (Spatial Science), Policy Management, Political Science, Public Administration
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: 1.5 Years (with a possibility of a permanent position depending on performance)
Salary: € 3,821 - € 5,230 (per month)
Scroll Down for Content
- You hold, or are close to the completion of, a PhD degree in the field of Public Administration or a closely related discipline (such as Spatial Planning, Political Science or Environmental Studies).
- You have a good track record in the area of governance of sustainability, focusing on policy analysis and/or multi-actor governance in the field of nature protection, environmental quality, climate change mitigation /adaptation, or energy transition.
- You have excellent Dutch and English language skills in oral and written communication.
- You have demonstrable teaching experience, with good evaluations.
- You have obtained a university teaching qualification, or are willing to obtain one during the term of your appointment at Radboud University.
- You are well-acquainted with quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques.
- You have a demonstrable research output.
- You are interested in realising impact through teaching and research and preferably have experience in doing so.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds: please do not hesitate to apply.
As Assistant Professor, you will be both teaching (60%) and conducting research (40%). You will teach high-quality courses in our Bachelor's and Master's programmes, including thesis supervision. You will be expected to obtain a teaching qualification, if you do not already have one. In collaboration with colleagues, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to course development and educational innovation in our teaching programmes, especially in relation to your area of expertise.
You will conduct high-quality research, both individually and in collaboration with colleagues within and outside university, resulting in high-quality academic output, such as publications in international journals. Developing research and using it to contribute to the governance of sustainability challenges is an important part of your role.
Furthermore, you will take an active role in individual or collaborative grant writing, participate in national and international networks in your area of expertise, and engage in multidisciplinary collaboration within and outside university, for instance, in the NSM's hotspot on Transformative Sustainable Change (Transact)
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
You can apply until 23 March 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Taco Brandsen. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including a list of working papers and publications, and the names and contact details of two referees.
- At least two selected published articles or working papers.
The first round of interviews will take place on 6 April. If necessary, a second round of interviews will take place on 25 April. You would preferably begin employment on 1 July 2022.
About the Department
The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher education, focusing on institutional and managerial issues within complex organizations in both the public and private domain. There are seven disciplines within the NSM: Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics and Business Economics, Social and Political Sciences of the Environment, Human Geography, and Spatial Planning. Multi-disciplinary collaboration is an important strength of the school.
The Assistant Professor will be part of the Department of Public Administration. Its research is especially strong in the analysis of policymaking and implementation, the governance of public services, Europeanization and good governance. The department is responsible for the development and quality of the bachelor and master programmes in public administration, which are characterized by small-scale teaching, intellectual curiosity and the ambition to contribute to solving society's major challenges, including the transition towards a sustainable future. Students must be equipped with evidence-based knowledge and the skills to operate effectively and responsibly in the complex and dynamic environment of the public sector.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1.5 years with a possibility of a permanent position depending on performance.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Scroll Down for Content
For questions about the position, please contact Taco Brandsen, Professor of Public Administration at +31 24 361 19 73 or [email protected].
Alternatively, you can contact Ellen Mastenbroek, Professor of European Public Policy at +31 24 361 30 22 or [email protected].
Other Vacancies from this field Social Science and Humanities
Scroll Down for Content