Assistant Professor Job in Organization Studies is available for doctoral degree candidates in Organization Studies at the Department of Organization Studies, Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB), Tilburg University, Netherlands 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Assistant professor
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Organization Studies
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Subject to Norms
Salary: € 3,807, - and € 5,922,- gross per month
Scroll Down for Content
We are looking for a colleague to contribute to our teaching activities and research within the framework of the Department’s research program. Because we are developing our teaching and research on digital transformation, applications from candidates with outstanding credentials in this area are particularly encouraged. Furthermore, it is highly appreciated if you are open to cooperating with colleagues within and outside our department on research and teaching activities. The candidate has:
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or an ‘Anything But Dissertation’ (ABD) in the field of management and organization studies or a closely related discipline.
- A strong commitment to high-quality research and teaching.
- The willingness to work in a multidisciplinary social science environment.
- A strong teaching and research track record in the Organization and Management field, preferably in organizational digital transformation (e.g., of organizational structure, processes, culture, markets, or fields) where digital tools (e.g., AI, Internet of Things, robotics, platforms, digital business models, big data applications) and forms of organizations (e.g., teams, departments, organizations, networks) meet.
- Proven research expertise, visible through either publications in international high-quality scientific journals or at least a good pipeline of (submitted) papers and contributions to academic conferences.
- Strong research methodological competencies (qualitative and/or quantitative, mixed methods).
- The willingness to write grant proposals for prestigious granting institutions (e.g., Dutch National Scientific Foundation (NWO), European Research Council (ERC)).
- The willingness to acquire the Basic University Teaching Qualification (BKO) of Tilburg University, if not obtained a similar qualification already.
- Connections to relevant academic partners as well as to stakeholders in society.
- Good communication and team playing skills.
The Department of Organization Studies is looking for an Assistant Professor in Organization Studies
(Full time, 18 months, fixed-term with prospect of permanent position)
Your main tasks will include:
- To initiate and perform academic research culminating in high-quality publications in leading journals.
- To pursue research-led impact to relevant professional and societal audiences.
- To teach and supervise Ba- and Ma-theses that are part of the Department’s educational programs.
- To prepare or participate in the writing of grant applications.
- To contribute to the master track “Organizing in the Digital Age” and its courses.
- A limited number of administrative or management tasks.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: 20353
Apply only by using the link below. Send in your application, with a curriculum vitae, motivation letter, research statement, teaching statement, and a writing example, before 4 September 2022. The interviews will take place in the second half of September 2022. We aim for a starting date of January 2023, but this can be determined together with the candidate.
About the Department/Section/Group
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences - Organization Studies
Research in the department focuses on relations within and between organizations and the effects of the former on organizations’ adaptive behavior (e.g., organizational learning, change, innovation, resilience, etc.) and wider society while employing a variety of theoretical perspectives and research methodologies. Specific topics of interest in the research program include the following: intra- and inter-organizational networks, teams, (social) entrepreneurship, learning and innovation, temporary organizations, grand challenges, strategic leadership, and international organizations. The department has a very strong research orientation. Our faculty publishes in e.g., Administrative Science Quarterly, Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Annals, Organization Science, Organization Studies, Leadership Quarterly, Research Policy, and Journal of Management. The department’s research program is part of TSB’s Herbert Simon Research Institute. Within the Herbert Simon Research Institute, the Department of Organization Studies also participates in the cross-cutting and multidisciplinary research theme ‘Adaptive Societies, Organizations, and Workers’.
The faculty of the Department of Organization Studies supervises Bachelor's and Master's students and teaches a variety of degree courses at both levels in the Organization Studies programs. They supervise internal and industry Ph.D. candidates. They also participate in the two-year multi-disciplinary Research Master program ‘Social and Behavioral Science’ (including an Organization Studies minor track). Our Bachelor’s program ‘Organization Studies’ offers a variety of degree courses in Organizational Behavior, Organization Theory, Strategic Management, and Organization Research Methods. Our Master’s program ‘Organization Studies’ focuses on Organizational Complexity and Dynamics. Furthermore, Organization Studies staff participates in the Bachelor track ‘Global Management of Social Issues’ and the Master track ‘Organizing for Global Social Challenges’. The latter two programs focus on organizing for grand challenges. All programs and tracks (except for one of the bachelor programs) are taught in English. Non-Dutch-speaking candidates will be asked to teach in English only. The working language of the Department, School, and University is English.
We protect our faculty’s research time (50%) by arranging a reasonable teaching load (50%) and working conditions that are comparable to major research universities in North America and Europe. The standard teaching task for a tenure-track faculty, in total per year, amounts to the equivalent of two courses plus the supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s thesis projects. Compensation is in line with similar schools in the Netherlands (see below), and we provide financial support for two conferences annually.
Tilburg University is one of Europe’s leading universities in Social and Behavioral Sciences. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022, Tilburg University is #37 worldwide, #10 in Europe, and #1 in the Netherlands in the subject of Business & Economics. Tilburg is in the Southern part of the Netherlands, at a 1h to 1.5h traveling distance from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Utrecht, close to Europe’s foremost high-tech regions (Brabant South-East) and equidistant from Brussels (Belgium) and the Aachen/Cologne area (Germany).
Note or Other details
Fixed-term contract: 18 months with the prospect of permanent employment.
Tilburg University is among the top Dutch employers and has an excellent policy concerning terms of employment. The collective employment terms and conditions for Dutch universities will apply. The salary for the position of an Assistant Professor on a full-time basis ranges between € 3,807, - and € 5,922,- gross per month (various allowances are not included).
Additional information about Tilburg University and the Department of Organization Studies can be retrieved from: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/socialsciences/organization/departments/organization-studies.
Scroll Down for Content
Specific information about the vacancy can be obtained from Leon Oerlemans, chair of the Department of Organization Studies, email: [email protected], phone: +31-13-466 3153.
Other Vacancies from this field
Scroll Down for Content