Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
Our research group investigates how protein ubiquitylation control cellular integrity and how alterations of components of the ubiquitin-machinery contribute to cancer progression. The research is primarily focused on SCF ubiquitin ligases regulating oncogenic substrates to expose novel cancer vulnerabilities, new drug targets and resistance mechanisms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing various cell/molecular techniques central to a research project focused on a recently identified SCF ubiquitin ligase regulating DNA replication stress and cancer immune evasion. The work includes theoretical knowledge in bioinformatics, ubiquitin-research, DNA replication/damage/checkpoint regulation and cancer immunology. Practical experience in the above research areas is meriting.
To be eligible, an applicant should have a background in cancer research, targeted therapies and bioinformatics with data mining skills. Specifically, entry requirements include;
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedicine, molecular biology, or molecular biotechnology
- Expertise in cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell culture, cell motility/invasion assays, cell cycle/viability assays, flow cytometry, protein purification, RT-qPCR, Western blot, immunoprecipitation, kinase/Elisa assays, siRNA transfection, cloning, CRISPR-knock-out/in design, confocal microscopy.
- Computational/Software and analytical skills: R language, SnapGene, FlowJo, ImageJ, Python, SPM12, VINCI, Linux and basic statistical analysis. Experience in processing of HTP transcriptomic/proteomic data and applied bioinformatics is important (eg GSEA, Survival analysis, gene-dependency analysis).
- Previous work with inhibitor/compound-relevant assays (DNA damage/protein stability/CETSA, FRAP techniques) and in silico modelling is meriting.
- The applicant must speak and write fluent English
We seek a candidate with a genuine interest in studying molecular mechanisms altered in cancer. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Emphasis will be placed on qualities as responsibility, flexibility, teamwork and ability to solve problems.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring environment with wide-ranging expertise and interests. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote a better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is also a state university, which entitles you to several good benefits through our collective agreement. And you get to practice freely in our modern wellness facilities, where trained staff are on site.
The length of employment for this employment is up to 9 months.
Welcome to apply at the latest xxx 2023
Ansökan ska innehålla följande dokument på svenska eller engelska:
- Personligt brev
- CV inklusive kontaktuppgifter till minst 2 referenter
- Kopia av examensbevis och betyg
Ansökan ska lämnas via Varbis rekryteringssystem.
Vill du göra skillnad? Var med och bidra till bättre hälsa för alla
Type of employment- Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type- Part-time
First day of employment- Upon agreement
Salary- Monthly salary
Number of positions- 1
Full-time equivalent- 50%
CountyS- tockholms län
Reference number- STÖD 2-197/2023
- Olle Sangfelt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magnus Anå, OFR, email@example.com
- Taher Darreh-Shori, SACO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elisabeth Valenzuela, SEKO, email@example.com
Last application date
31.Jan.2023 11:59 PM CET