Radboud University invites applications for a position as action researcher/policy officer, you will conduct research into the career paths of academics, at the Strategy, Policy & Development department of the Human Resources (HR) division, the Netherlands -Mar 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Action Researcher / Policy Officer (senior)
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Management Studies, Psychology, Sociology
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: 2 Years
Salary: 4,612 EURO/MOnth
Scroll Down for Content
- You have a Master's degree in a related field such as psychology, sociology or management. A PhD degree would be an asset.
- You have in-depth knowledge and at least ten years of work experience in a field related to gender, diversity, equality and inclusion. Experience in action research and a network in the field of DEI are desirable.
- You are able to make the transition from research to strategy to implementation and to effectively involving the stakeholder landscape.
- You have experience in making policy and acting within a complex internal decision-making structure.
- You know how to connect and collaborate with others, have the ability to listen well, and have insight into how an organisation actually works.
- You have experience with setting priorities, planning activities, programmes and community projects, and experience with giving workshops.
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
Would you like to contribute to research into the career paths of female academics at Radboud University? Are you a good listener and policy writer and would you like to work in a friendly, dynamic environment where you can make an impact? Then you have a part to play as a senior (action) researcher / policy officer.
As an action researcher / policy officer, you will conduct research into the career paths of academics at Radboud University and how and why these differ with regard to gender dynamics. The contributing factors of inequalities should be the subject of research. There is a need for an investigation into the root causes of these differences in career, such as gender, whether there are undesirable differences in these paths and, if so, what possible organisational and policy interventions and adjustments can be made so that career paths show minimal differences and reflect the wishes and ambitions of the individual academics themselves. In addition, the research should lead to ideas about how the gender balance could be improved. It is desirable to investigate which preconditions there are for a successful implementation of the interventions and adjustments, such as cultural change, willingness to change and sense of urgency.
The research should be closely aligned with the new Gender Equality Plan (GEP) and contribute to its success by providing relevant data. In addition, the research and proposed interventions will be formulated in consultation with other HR policy and diversity officers, in line with the Strategic HR Agenda 2020-2025.Finally, a call has been made for research on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) that supports the way in which we as Radboud University want to anchor DEI in research, policy and intervention at all levels of our University's organisation. As a new senior action researcher, you will be able to conduct this research successfully by making interventions, by combining development methods, studies and evaluations, and also by being very closely involved with participants in the workplace and working on interventions in close collaboration with them. In this way, you will be able to combine your roles of researcher and policy officer.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
You can apply until 20 March 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Anneke Dubbink. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
The first round of interviews will take place on Thursday 24 March. The second round of interviews will take place on Thursday 31 March. You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
About the Division
As an action researcher / policy officer you will work at and be embedded in the Strategy, Policy & Development department of the Human Resources (HR) division. You will work closely with the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Office and you will be supervised by the chief diversity officer (CDO) of the DEI Office, in particular with regard to the research. In addition, you will play an active role in the Strategy, Policy & Development department. It is conceivable that you will be supervised by a professor who specialises in the research topic concerned. The ultimate responsibility for the policy and implementation resulting from the research will lie with the HR Director of the HR division.The HR division is part of Radboud Services and supports the board, management and staff of Radboud University. The HR division consists of the following departments: DEI Office, SP&D, Labour Expertise Centre, Policy Department and the HR Service Centre.
Strategy, Policy & Development is a department within the Human Resources (HR) division and is part of Radboud Services. The division is responsible for developing Radboud University's HR strategy and policy, and the associated processes and tools. The department supports the board, management and staff of Radboud University with regard to personnel and organisational matters. In addition to Strategy, Policy & Development, HR consists of the Labour Expertise Centre, HR Operations and the HR Secretarial Office.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion is one of the main themes of the SP&D department and the departments work closely with the DEI Office.The DEI Office is one of the departments of the HR division and contributes to a safe, inclusive and just campus society that embraces and embodies diversity and the values of social justice. It advocates for positive change; leads, facilitates, guides, stimulates and supports all levels of the university organisation to achieve its DEI objectives through collaboration and insightful programming. Our vision is to firmly anchor DEI in Radboud University's organisational culture.
Radboud University contributes to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for everyone. We strive to be an inclusive community in which all students and staff feel valued and respected. We welcome diversity in experiences and perspectives and have a legacy of contributing to gender equality and diversity within the academic world. A commendable effort has been made to improve the number of women in senior academic positions.
Note or Other details
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €4,612 and a maximum of €5,922 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 12).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2 years. After a positive evaluation at the end of the first year, the contract may be converted to a permanent one.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Scroll Down for Content
For questions about the position, please contact Jeannette Heldens, Policy maker DEI at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact Rona Jualla van Oudenhoven, Chief Diversity Officer, DEI Office at 06 16 02 93 78 or [email protected].
Other Vacancies from this field Social Science and Humanities
Scroll Down for Content