At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Research, a position as Associate Professor is open for appointment from November 1, 2023 or soon hereafter. The emplyment is a part-time (20%) employment.
- DEADLINE- 31.08.2023
- REF NUMBER- 2023-224-05448
The associate professor will carry out research and teaching activities. The associate professor will participate in highly interdisciplinary collaboration.
The associate professor will assist in planning as well as performing the acquisition, management, and analysis of data within the Interdisciplinary Orthopaedics. Complex patterns and structures in healthcare data are handled using advanced machine learning techniques and statistical modeling. The associate professor will apply machine learning techniques to analyze digital clinical data sets and derive valuable insights for improved patient outcomes. For clinical obtained data the aim is to support clinical decision-making. The associate professor will assist in developing expertise into the Interdisciplinary Orthopaedics group in bone modeling and use of computer vision and medical image processing to develop cutting-edge solutions for more accurate and efficient medical diagnostics.
The associate professor will have a central position and ensure a frontline position in dealing with big data by setting up a structure for the acquisition, management, and analysis of data obtained online and remotely. This includes developing and overseeing a comprehensive data management strategy. The associate professor will collaborate with technical teams and the legal department Aalborg University Hospital and the North Denmark Region.
The associate professor will provide mentorship and supervision to ph.d. students, research assistants and pre-graduate students. The associate professor will amongst others teach in study design, covering topics such as experimental design, participant recruitment, and ethical considerations. The associate professor will teach skills how to effectively analyze data, interpret results, and communicate their ?ndings through scienti?c reports.
An appointment as associate professor is a permanent appointment which includes an obligation to carry out research and
teaching activities. To some extent, additional tasks may be defined by the University.
The level of qualification for Associate Professors shall correspond to the level, which can be achieved on the basis of the appointment as Assistant Professor, but may be achievable in other ways. The appointment presupposes that the applicant can demonstrate original scientific production at an international level as well as documented teaching qualifications. Appointment to the position requires that both research and teaching qualifications are at the requested level. The two qualifications will be given equal and principal priority in the overall assessment.
The applicant should have skills in:
- Participating in highly interdisciplinary collaboration
- Planning and performing the acquisition, management, and analysis of large data
- Handling complex patterns and structures in healthcare data using advanced machine learning techniques and statistical modeling.
- Bone modeling expertise and use of computer vision and medical image processing to develop cutting-edge solutions for more accurate and efficient medical diagnostics
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas(Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 10 publications.
- Teaching qualifications described in the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed the applicant must include an explanation for its absence.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the”Apply online” button below. The application must be written in English.
Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Any enquiries about the position may be addressed to Professor Søren Kold or Professor Ole Rahbek, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR Partner Jeannette Bøgh, email@example.com, phone:+45 9940 7968
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seen here.
Wages and employment
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities(the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
- Ref number- 2023-224-05448
- Deadline- 31.08.2023