With a growing global energy demand and climate change challenge, using CO2 as a raw material for renewable energy is a compelling technological option. However, this is an emerging technology for which favorable implementation conditions and their impact for the supply chains are still unknown. In this project, the goal is to design sustainable supply chains for this new technology by taking into account the relevant sources of uncertainties. Hence, we are looking for a Post-doc who is knowledgeable in stochastic operations research techniques for decision making under uncertainty.
This project is a part of the “Sustainable design of multi-scale CO2 electrochemical conversion” project – a responsible innovation project led by Dr. Mar Perez Fortes at Delft University of Technology and funded by NWO. This postdoc will closely collaborate with other project team members and build on earlier project results on for example, uncertainties in material/supply availability and costs, future regulations, and the market price of CO2 and the CO2 efficiency of the electrochemical processes. Goal of this postdoc project is to take these uncertainties into account when designing a sustainable supply chain. This involves trade-offs between economic, environmental and social objectives.
Project start date is September 1, 2023
The supervision team includes Dr. Nevin Mutlu, Prof. Dr. Floor Alkemade, and Prof. Dr. Tarkan Tan.
- A PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, (Applied) Mathematics, or a related field – Candidates who are close to finishing their PhD degree are also welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills and demonstrated competence for quantitative modelling.
- Experience with life cycle analysis is an advantage.
- The ability to work on a challenging topic that has both fundamental and applied research aspects.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team bridging natural sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in English and an ability to collaborate in an international setting.
- Motivation to develop teaching skills and coach students.
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for 18 months, with a potential extension.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?Please contact: Dr. Nevin Mutlu at n.r.mutlu[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact Najat Loiazizi, HR advisor, e-mail: n.loiazizi[at]tue.nl or 040 247 8933.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the apply button.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information ofthree references.
- Manuscript of a sample paper (can be a published or a working paper)
- Proof of English proficiency
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.