School of Engineering Sciences at KTH
Ion channels are essential for life across organisms and a sophisticated understanding of their function is imperative for basic, biomedical and applied research. The overarching goal of the proposed project is to develop ion channel activators and inhibitors. Previously unmet specificity needs will be achieved by targeting subtype- and conformational-specific features, thereby limiting side effects. The focus will be on Kv7 channels linked to a range of severe neurological disorders, including epilepsy, sleep disorders and autism.
The postdoc will carry out molecular dynamics simulations of these channels bound to various modulators, and integrate the results within a collaborative project with four other principal investigators carrying out cryo-electron microscopy, electrophysiology, behavioral experiments and machine learning.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations
- Experience working in collaborative work environments
- Research expertise
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Teaching abilities
- Experience with Enhanced sampling simulations and coarse grained force fields
- Experience with biological systems including membrane proteins
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here
- Type of employment- Temporary position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- According to agreement
- Salary- Monthly salary
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100 %
- City- Stockholm
- County- Stockholms län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- S-2023-0742
- Lucie Delemotte, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published- 11.May.2023
- Last application date0 08.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST