Ref PAR 2023/684
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 56 000 students and 6 600 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong research and attractive study programmes attract scientists and students from around the world. With new knowledge and new perspectives, the University contributes to a better future.
School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg
With about 8000 students, 500 employees, more than 160 international partner universities and the main areas are business administration, economics and law, the School has a unique broadness. The School is also characterized by its close relation between research and education, internationalization, overall embeddedness of sustainability and its close engagement with business and society. The School is accredited by EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA – “Triple Crown”. For further information please see School of Business, Economics and Law´s web page; School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg (gu.se)
The Environment for Development (EfD) is a unit at the School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothenburg. EfD is a global network of environmental economics research centers primarily based in the Global South. The overall objective of EfD is to support poverty alleviation and sustainable development by building environmental economics’ capacity for policy-making processes. The EfD Initiative has centers hosted by academic institutions in Central America, Chile, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Sweden, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, the US, and Vietnam. More information about EfD can be found on the EfD website: www.environmentfordevelopment.org.
EfD was launched in 2007 by the Environmental Economics Unit at the Department of Economics, University of Gothenburg, Sweden. EfD continues to work in close partnership with the Department of Economics, which has around 100 employees and 800 students. The collaboration is particularly strong with the research groups in environmental, behavioral and development economics.
To support the development of online learning resources (OLR) and the implementation of courses on environmental policy instruments, economics of climate change and sustainable development, EfD is now recruiting a project assistant. Specific tasks include:
- A) Process and meeting facilitation:
- Coordinating meeting agendas and time plans, during OLR and course development as well as course implementation
- Assisting administratively before, during and after meetings.
- B) Course and OLR development support:
- Providing process support in creating video material and other OLR
- Communicating with teachers and the technical team in charge of filming and video editing
- Supporting teachers in developing slides, quiz and other teaching material
- C) Course assistance
- Supporting in course planning and marketing
- Communicating with course participants
- Content uploading and continuous updating of online learning management system
- Supporting in assessment and feedback to students
- Facilitating course activities and supporting study groups
- Assisting in course evaluation
- D) Responsibility for a participant-centered perspective
- Making the perspectives and voices of participants heard in the development work, testing and delivery, through actively seeking and analyzing feedback from student representatives
- Mapping the perspectives of potential future employers and feeding this into the development process
To succeed in the role, the project assistant should ideally have an interdisciplinary background, with skills in pedagogics, process support, as well as economics, environmental policy and circular economy.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree that is relevant for the position, for example in pedagogics, sustainability science or environmental economics
- Project management and administrative skills
- Excellent proficiency of written and spoken English and Swedish
- Experience of pedagogical work and/or project work in an academic environment
- Computer skills, for example editing websites, database management, use of software for statistical analysis and creating visualisations.
- An active interest in sustainability, economics and pedagogics
- Experience from international education (ie in English with students from multiple countries)
- Skills in AI prompting/prompt-engineering.
- Work-life experience outside of academia, especially working on sustainability, environmental policies or economics.
Personal suitability is of importance for this role. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team is also important.
The employment is a temporary position for 11 months with an extent of 100 %. The position is located at the Environment for Development, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg. Preferred starting date for the position is as soon as possible.
Contact information for the post
Please contact:Erik Sterner, 0709720196, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representatives at the University of Gothenburg can be found here: https://www.gu.se/om-universitetet/jobba-hos-oss/hjalp-for-sokande
To apply for a position at the University of Gothenburg, you have to create an account in our recruitment system. Submit your application via the University of Gothenburg’s recruitment portal by clicking the “Apply” button. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application is complete as per the vacancy notice, and that the University receives it by the final application deadline.
Please attach the following in the application:
– Personal letter- CV- Diploma/ degree certificate and grades
Applications must be received by: 2023-06-12
The University works actively to achieve a working environment with equal conditions, and values the qualities that diversity brings to its operations.Salaries are set individually at the University.In accordance with the National Archives of Sweden’s regulations, the University must archive application documents for two years after the appointment is filled. If you request that your documents are returned, they will be returned to you once the two years have passed. Otherwise, they will be destroyed.In connection to this recruitment, we have already decided which recruitment channels we should use. We therefore decline further contact with vendors, recruitment and staffing companies.