Do you want to contribute to improving human health?
The Department of Oncology-Pathology is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher to work in the field of multiplex analysis. The successful candidate will work on a cutting-edge project focused on developing new multiplex analysis techniques to study Immuno-Oncology.
At our department, basic, translational and clinical research and educational activities related to cancer are carried out. Approximately 300 people from over 40 nations are currently working at the department. About 30 research groups with various cancer research profiles are involved and we have around 110 PhD students. The Department of Oncology-Pathology is responsible for undergraduate courses in Pathology, Oncology and Forensic Medicine for medical students, as well as for Tumor biology courses for biomedicine students and Pathology courses for opticians.
The position will be placed with Associate professor Hanna Eriksson (MD, PhD), which is leading a group that is focusing on clinical and translational melanoma research. The successful applicant will also be working in collaboration with other clinical and pre-clinical researchers, including Associate professor C. Rolny at the Department of Oncology-Pathology, focusing on the tumor microenvironment and Immuno-Oncology. The candidate will have immediate access to a collaborative networks including Swedish Tumor Microenvironment Program , and the Swedish Melanoma Study Group.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher to join our team in the field of multiplex analysis of melanoma and other solid tumors. The successful candidate will work on a cutting-edge project focused on developing new multiplex analysis techniques to study biological systems and cancer. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as biochemistry, molecular biology, or biophysics, and a strong background in multiplex analysis techniques, such as microarray, RNA-seq, or protein array. Experience in data analysis and bioinformatics is also desirable. The postdoc will work closely with a team of researchers to design and optimize multiplex analysis experiments, analyze data, and interpret results. The student will also have the opportunity to develop their own research projects and contribute to publications. In addition to technical skills, the candidate should have excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as a strong commitment to scientific integrity and ethical research practices.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in multiplex analysis at Karolinska Institutet, please submit your application through our online portal on Varbi, including a cover letter, CV, and names of two references.
Karolinska Institutet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience.
To be eligible for employment as a postdoctor a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed to be equivalent to a doctoral degree is required. This eligibility requirement must be fulfilled at the latest at the time of the employment decision. It is considered as an advantage if you have completed your doctoral degree within the last three years, if there are special reasons, your degree may have been completed earlier.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, or another relevant field.
- Documented experience in of multiplex analysis techniques, such as microarray, RNA-sequencing, or protein arrays.
- Experience in data analysis and bioinformatics is required.
- Hands on experience of immunofluorescence staining’s of patient material or similar material is desirable.
- Ability to interpret data in a biological context.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English language.
Since the position involves close interaction with several researchers, emphasis is placed on personal skills such as:
- Very good collaborative skills.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- Curious and eager to solve biological questions.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring environment with wide-ranging expertise and interests. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. At KI, you get to meet researchers working with a wide range of specialisms and methods, giving you ample opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience with the various scientific fields within medicine and health. It is the crossover collaborations, which have pushed KI to where it is today, at the forefront of global research. Several of the people you meet in healthcare are educated at KI. A close relationship with the health care providers is important for creating groundbreaking top quality education and research. Karolinska Institutet is also a state university, which entitles you to several benefits through our collective agreement.
Choose to work at KI – Ten reasons why
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
Welcome to apply at the latest 13th June.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
The position is a full-time, fixed-term appointment for two years, with the possibility of extension. The salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
- Type of employment- Temporary position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- Up on agreement
- Salary- Monthly sallary
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100 %
- City- Solna
- County- Stockholms län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- STÖD 2-2014/2023
- Hanna Eriksson Assosiate Professor, (M.D, PhD), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Eriksson, OFR, email@example.com
- Henry Wölling, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Per Hydbring/Nick Tobin, Saco, email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date
13.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST