Ref BTH3 2022/245
We are one of Sweden’s most distinctly profiled institutes of technology, with a focus on IT and innovation for a sustainable future.
A key word at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) is closeness – close cooperation with industry and society, and closeness to our students and to our management.Our closeness to the sea is also very apparent at both campuses, as well as being a comfortable bike ride away from the city and residential areas. BTH stands for quality and new approaches and strives to be recognised as an open, exciting and creative higher education institution.
We develop new knowledge through our research, which often takes place in collaboration with wider society and with a specific application in mind. The research contributes to a sustainable future, through directly through our research results as well as indirectly, through our PhD graduates and research-based undergraduate studies.
To reach our goals, we need motivated and committed staff who are provided with the conditions to deliver research and education of the highest quality. Work environment and equal opportunities are consistently on the agenda and we strive for continuous improvements. Does this sound like your future?
The Department of Strategic Sustainable Development (TISU) works with research, education and collaboration with a focus on methodological support for organizations that want to work strategically with sustainability, i.e., who want to contribute to society’s transition to sustainability in ways that strengthen the own organization.
The position includes research and educational work in the area of strategic sustainable development specializing in social sustainability within product- and organizational development. This includes, e.g., design and management of research projects, active participation in research projects, supervision of PhD students, collaboration with external partners, publication of results in scientific forums, and seeking funding. The research takes place in close collaboration with external partners and applies a systemic, systematic and strategic approach to sustainability transitions and product- and organizational development. The teaching may include lectures, exercises, supervision of group work and degree projects, personal coaching, facilitation of dialogue and reflection, course and program development, examination, and development or refinement of learning materials. The proportions between the various tasks may vary.
The Higher Education Ordinance (HF Chap. 4, § 4) states that: Eligible to be employed as a senior lecturer, except in disciplines in the fine, applied and performing arts, is a person who has:
- been awarded a doctoral degree or has equivalent scientific competence or other professional skills that are of significance regarding the subject content of the employment and the work tasks it will involve, and
- demonstrated pedagogical skills.
Eligibility requirements and assessment criteria are described in detail in the “Guidelines for employment of teachers and appointment to docent,” available at www.bth.se/eng/aboutbth/vacancies-at-bth/#section-instructions-to-applicants.
Meriting skills and experience
In addition to the requirements described in the position description and eligibility requirements, the following degrees, skills and experiences are considered meriting:
- Doctoral degree in strategic sustainable development or equivalent, specializing in social sustainability within sustainable product development,
- Documented experience in seeking funding in areas relevant to the position.
- Documented teaching experience in social sustainability within product- and organizational development.
- Documented experience of collaboration with partners in industry and society in areas relevant to the position.
- Documented experience of work in transdisciplinary teams.
- Very good proficiency in oral and written English and basic proficiency in oral and written Swedish.
Place of employment: Karlskrona, Sweden.
Employment level: 100 %.
Commencement and salary: To be agreed.
Application deadline: Please submit your application by 2023-02-12.
You apply online through our recruitment system by clicking on the “apply” button.It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the advertisement and instructions.
Instructions to applicants can be found at https://www.bth.se/eng/about-bth/vacancies-at-bth.In case of different interpretations of the English and Swedish versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, embraces diversity and welcomes applicants with varying backgrounds and experiences.
We work actively to take advantage of the qualities that diversity and an even gender distribution contribute to our operations.We have chosen media for this recruitment and therefore we reject contact with advertisers or sellers of recruitment services.
- Sven Borén, Prefekt/Head of Department, +46734223601, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Göran Broman, Science Director, +46455385504, email@example.com
- Alexandra Wagner, HR-specialist, +46455385016
- Mikael Åsman, Universitetsadjunkt, facklig representant (SACO), +46455385720, firstname.lastname@example.org