School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH
The advertised post-doctoral position is within an ambitious Digital Futures ISPP Project titled “Smart Predictive Maintenance for Pharmaceutical Industry (SMART)”, will be led by KTH and AstraZeneca.
In this project, you will focus on human-centric technological interventions in order to inform the creation of sensor networks and the parametrization of machine learning plant maintenance predictive models. This project will be led by Associate Professor Mario Romero. You will lead the creation of peripheral visualization interfaces to enhance plant operators with the information generated by the sensor networks and predictive systems.
In the SMART project, you will work on-site in the AstraZeneca manufacturing facilities in Södertälje ~50% of the time with a goal to start in October 2023. This will afford you the unique opportunity to gain firsthand experience in an industry setting while also contributing to research of others in your cohort. Ultimately this should culminate in multiple prospects for co-authorships and patent applications, while delivering a minimum viable product (MVP) that increases the overall equipment efficiency (OEE) of the lines. Please see openings for the other SMART-project positions here and here
About AstraZeneca Södertälje
AstraZeneca’s largest manufacturing site supplies over 30 medicines to more than 100 markets and exported 103 billion Swedish crowns (SEK) in 2021 (>6% of the nation’s exports). Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn, Facebook och Instagram.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- An appointment in one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturing units
- A chance to drive a research project in a high-tech and LEAN environment using agile and scrum methodologies
- Placement in a highly interdisciplinary environment
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made. The focus area should be related to visualization, interactive graphics, human-computer interaction, and/or human-centered technology
- The ability to express yourself very well in English, spoken and written, as this will be required in day-to-day work
- Proficiency in human-centered design and ethnographic observation
- Knowledge of best practices and techniques in XR design and development for a varied set of commercially available devices
- Experience in the design and development of interactive visualizations of high-dimensional data
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Strong software engineering skills for developing and testing visual analytics interfaces in 2D and 3D
- Visualization in flatscreens, heads up displays, mixed-reality displays and mobile devices, including wearables
- Participatory design
- Strong collaboration skills including the ability to lead and to support research
- Self-motivated / independent thinking
- Good knowledge of verbal and written Swedish, as this will be required in day-to-day work
- Ability to apply ML-based models on data
- Productivity in Unity, Blender, AR Core, AR Kit, AR Foundations or equivalents
- Fluent in Swedish to be able to conduct workshops and interviews in Swedish
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge. The CV shall include a list of recent relevant publications
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages
- At least two references that we can contact
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, 2 years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing, recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here
- Type of employment- Temporary position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- According to agreement
- Salary- Monthly salary
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100
- City- Stockholm
- County- Stockholms län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- J-2023-1293
- Associate Professor Mario Romero, email@example.com
Last application date- 14.Aug.2023 11:59 PM CEST