Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 46 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
We are looking for a lecturer that independently can take responsibilities for course management, teach, in Swedish, in a range of courses at basic and advanced levels. The work includes administrative duties (recruitment, admission, program development and assessment) and student counselling in the study programs of Environmental Science. The lecturer will also work with societal and stakeholder interactions within the study programs. The research activities will enhance aspects of environmental science in current research and collaboration activities that concerns climate adaptation, nature based solutions and sustainable development.
The position entails teaching at basic and advanced levels, to an extent of 50% of full time, study administrative duties 30%, and research 20%. The work assignments of the position, as well as the relative proportions of research and teaching, may change over time.
Eligible for appointment as lecturer are those who have:
- Completed a second-cycle degree and has other valuable competences in view of the subject Environmental and climate science and the duties that it will involve.
- Demonstrated teaching experience and skills in Environmental science in higher education and fulfills requirement to have completed at least five weeks of training in teaching and learning in higher education or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means.
- Very good skills in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, are requirements for the position.
For academic staff at Lund University the general qualification requirements are to be suited to and having the general ability required to complete the duties of the post well.
Basis of assessment
The candidate must:
- Demonstrate extensive documented experience and skills in teaching Environmental Science and experience of course responsibility at the university level.
- Demonstrate documented ability to communicate and co-operate with other teachers and to work in teaching teams.
- Demonstrate good teaching and learning skills, which means a good ability to develop and pursue teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
It is an advantage if the applicant also has:
- Documented experiences in student counseling and recruitment.
- Demonstrated good ability to work in an interdisciplinary educational environment.
- Completed a doctoral programme in Environmental Science and shows experience in research in Environment and Climate Science.
- Demonstrated experiences from applying environmental science in public organizations or enterprises.
- Demonstrated abilities in combining natural and social science perspectives and methods in teaching as well as research.
- Basic knowledge of study administrative system such as, e.g. LADOK, Canvas and NYA.
When making the appointment, consideration will be given to the Lund University Appointment Rules.
Design and content of the application
The application should be written in Swedish. The application should be formulated according to the Faculty of Science’s Instructions for applications for teaching positions. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system.
The Faculty of Science conducts research and education within Biology, Astronomy, Physics, Geosciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and Environmental Science. The Faculty is organized into nine departments, gathered in the northern campus area. The Faculty has approximately 1500 students, 330 PhD students and 700 employees.
The Centre for Environmental and Climate Science, CEC (http://www.cec.lu.se) conducts research, education and communication on environmental science and climate research at Lund University.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
- Type of employment- Permanent position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- As soon as possible
- Salary- Monthly
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100
- City- Lund
- County- Skåne län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- PA2023/1112
- Johanna Alkan Olsson, Assistant director CEC, +46462221793,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katarina Hedlund, Deputy head of department, CEC, +46462223798,email@example.com
- Helen Johansson, Recruitment officer, +46462223609,firstname.lastname@example.org
- OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, +46462229362
- SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, email@example.com
- SEKO: Seko Civil, +46462229366
Last application date
08.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST