We look for up to two postdocs to join the WASP NEST project PerCorSo: Perceiving and Communicating Correct-by-design Socially Acceptable Autonomous Systems at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2022
No. of Positions: 1+
Research Field: Robotics
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: 3 Years
Salary: Subject to norms
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Brinellvägen, Stockholm, Sweden
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise with background in at least one of the following areas: formal methods in robotics, multi-agent systems, motion planning, and social robotics; and willingness to enhance your knowledge in several of the listed areas.
- Collaborative abilities, allowing you to work as a part of an interdisciplinary research team.
- Independence, allowing you to lead your own original line of research.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Experience with robot integration, ROS, and Python.
- Project leadership and management abilities.
- Teaching abilities.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
The job will entail:
- research, development and evaluation of autonomous motion strategies to advance real-world social robots;
- collaboration with researchers, who focus on perception, multi-modal interaction, and robot integration towards meeting the goals of PerCorSo.
You will be encouraged, but not required to teach master-level and PhD-level classes in the areas of safe autonomy and/or social robotics as well as to supervise master students.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: J-2022-2695
Basic documents required for the application
About the Employer: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Note or Other details
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
- Iolanda Leite, Associate Professor, [email protected]
- Jana Tumova, Associate Professor, [email protected]
- Sarah Kullgren, HR, [email protected]
Advertisement Details: Postdocs in robotics