The Department of Computing science is characterized by world-leading research in several scientific fields and a multitude of educations ranked highly in international comparison. The department has been growing rapidly in recent years where focus on an inclusive and bottom-up driven environment are key elements in our sustainable growth. Our department consists of a diverse group from different nationalities, background and fields. See more information at: https://www.umu.se/en/department-of-computing-science/.
The successful candidates will join the Software Engineering and Security (SES) group. The SES group conducts research mainly on program analysis and computer security. More information about the research group is available here. The candidates will be part of the PROTECT project which aims at analysing malicious applications to help detect and prevent future attacks.
The scholarship projects are financed by the Kempe foundation. Each scholarship is for two years with a starting date as agreed. The scholarship amounts to 375 000 SEK per year (around 33 000 euro). The scholarship is not subject to tax.
To qualify as a post doctoral scholarship holder, the postdoctoral fellow is required to have completed a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree. This qualification requirements must be fulfilled no later than at the time of the decision about scholarship recipient.
Priority should be given to candidates who completed their doctoral degree, according to what is stipulated in the paragraph above, no later than three years prior. If there are special reasons, candidates who completed their doctoral degree prior to that may also be eligible. Special reasons include absence due to illness, parental leave, appointments of trust in trade union organizations, military service, or similar circumstances, as well as clinical practice or other forms of appointment/assignment relevant to the subject area.
Further requirements are:
- Competitive research record in computer security and/or software engineering
- Commitment, collaborative skills, and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good programming skills (e.g., in C, Python or Java)
Meriting qualifications are:
- Knowledge of static analysis and/or symbolic execution
- Knowledge of software vulnerability exploitation and prevention techniques
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Experience in malware analysis
A full application should include:
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with publication list,
- Verified copy of doctoral degree certificate or documentation that clarifies when the degree of doctor is expected to be obtained,
- Verified copies of other diplomas, list of completed academic courses and grades,
- Copy of doctoral thesis and possibly two relevant articles,
- Other documents that the applicant wishes to claim.
- Contact information to two persons willing to act as references.
The application should be written in English (preferably) or Swedish. Your complete application, marked with reference number FS 2.1.6-837-23 should be sent electronically (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org (with reference number on the subject line). The closing date is August 31, 2023. We will apply a continuing evaluation of candidates.
For further information about the positions please contact Prof. Alexandre Bartel, email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.