About the workplace
The vision of University of Gävle is to be the first choice for all who want to make a difference. We offer around 60 study programmes and 300 freestanding courses in the fields of the humanities, health care and medicine, social and naturalsciences and technology. University of Gävle is one of the most popular university colleges in Sweden (applicants per place). We have around 16 000 students, 750 employees, and our campus is concentrated in space in beautiful surroundings.From 2023 University of Gävle will be a part of EU GREEN, the European Universities Network for Sustainable Growth, Inclusive Education and the Environment.The University focuses four strategic research areas – Health Promoting Work, Innovative Learning, Intelligent Industry and Urban Sustainability.The Department of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Science has students in engineering, teacher education and the preparatory year. The largest research group focuses electrical engineering, automation and the strategic area Intelligent Industry. We are now looking for a project engineer in electrical engineering, with specialization in statistical data analysis, system identification and machine learning, and welcome your application.
The green transition requires effective usage of our resources. The purpose of the strategic research area Intelligent Industry is to create a basis for sustainable production. This project is aimed at using machine learning and systemidentification on sensor data from industrial production equipment. The work combines machine learning with methods for system identification. Part of the project involves analyzing data from real industrial processes and evaluating this data in collaboration with industry.
The project engineer position includes to:
- collect, clean, and analyze data from sensors in industrial processes
- participate in contacts with industrial project partners
- present results orally and in writing
- participate regularly in academic activities such as seminars and meetings. You have your workplace at the University of Gävle, where most of the working time is based on the campus.
In order to be employed, the applicant is required to have the basic qualifications:
- a completed bachelor degree in electrical engineering, or corresponding knowledge that the employer finds equivalent
- knowledge in Matlab or similar software
- good ability in English, orally and in writing. It is advantageous if the applicant has:
- experience in statistical data analysis, system identification, and machine learning
- knowledge in Swedish orally and in writing.
- In the selection process, great importance will be attached to personal qualities, such as thoroughness, independence, good collaboration and analytical skills as well as the ability to take initiative and complete tasks.
- The selection of applicants for the position as project engineer will be based on the overall assessment of the applicant’s ability to carry out the given tasks.
About the employment
Form of employment: Temporary employment
Time limit: The position is a fixed-term contract for a maximum of one year.
Number of jobs: 2
Place: Gävle, Gävleborg County
In case of different interpretations of the English and Swedish versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.University of Gävle strives for gender balance and for an active promotion of equal opportunities in all parts of the organisation.In anticipation of this recruitment, University of Gävle has made decisions regarding recruitment and marketing channels. Thus, we will decline all offers regarding advertisements and marketing.
Application deadline: 5 February 2023
Employer reference number: HIG-STÖD 2023/19
The application must contain a CV, a cover letter and other supporting documents that you wish to invoke.