Senior scientist/project leader “NXTGEN HIGHTECH – Biomedical Production Technologies” programme
- HOURS- 32 – 38 hr.
- SALARY INDICATION- Salary gross/monthlybased on full-time€ 5,506 – € 6,702
- DEADLINE- 3 Sep 2023
Within the NXTGEN HIGHTECH programme, funded by the ‘Groeifonds’, University of Twente and hDMT (Institute for human organ and Disease Model Technologies) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated senior scientist/project leader for one of the projects of the domain Biomedical Production Technologies (project One-Stop-Shop), in particular for project coordination and development and implementation of qualification and validation methodologies for innovative biomedical products.
As project leader:
- Project lead/coordination of the One-Stop-Shop project
- Central point of contact/representative of the project consortium
- Responsible for the performance of the project, including coordination between the work packages, monitoring of the progress, communication (kick-off and project meetings), reporting
As work package leader on qualification and regulation:
- Supervisor of postdoc and scientific assistant
- Coordination of the core team and advisory board
- Responsible for development and implementation of qualification and validation methodology and processes for innovative biomedical products (demonstrators)
- National and international network formation
- Building up testing and qualification infrastructure
- You have a PhD degree in engineering, medical technology or equivalent background.
- You have an excellent scientific track record, knowledge of and experience with in vitro model systems (Organ-on-Chip, Artificial Organs and/or Lab-on-Chip).
- You have affinity with applied scientific research and healthcare, in particular biomedical systems.
- You have affinity with qualification, validation and standardization of New Approach Methodologies (NAM), including associated rules and regulations.
- You have experience in business development, business management and/or contract research.
- You have leadership experience and experience in stakeholder management.
- You think and act on a strategic level.
- You have experience in setting up and/or coordinating public-private partnerships and projects
- You are familiar with the Dutch and European government agenda and subsidy rules.
- You are a team worker and natural leader.
- You are communicative, pro-active, result-oriented, a bridge-builder and stress-resistant.
- You are service-minded, have a hands-on mentality and you are pragmatic and analytical.
- You are enthusiastic and inspiring.
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills. Dutch as native language is a plus.
- You will be appointed at University of Twente (Enschede) and from there seconded to hDMT, the Dutch Organ-on-Chip consortium with multidisciplinary researchers from 16 public knowledge institutions (universities, university medical centres and university of applied sciences) who share their knowledge, expertise and facilities with each other to develop and apply Organs-on-Chips.
- Since hDMT is a virtual institute, you will be embedded into the research group Applied Stem Cell Technologies at UTwente, partner of hDMT, in Enschede, with a strong focus on the development of Organ-on-Chip model systems. You will be part of a young group of researchers involved in the NXTGEN HIGHTECH project, in particular in the One-Stop-Shop and Organ-on-Chip projects.
- We offer a position for 32-38 hours for 2 years, with the intention of a permanent position afterwards.
- Gross salary between €5.506,- and €6.702,- per month (scale 13), depending on experience and qualifications.
- Appointment is in accordance with the CAO Dutch Universities, including excellent benefits such as holiday allowance (8% of the gross annual salary), a year-end bonus (8.3%) and a solid pension scheme.
- The starting date is as soon as possible.
- Hybrid working is an option.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For any questions, you are welcome to contact dr. Janny van den Eijnden-van Raaij, Managing Director hDMT (email@example.com / 0612998074) or Andries van der Meer, professor Applied Stem Cell Technologies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are you interested to be part of our team? You can submit your application latest 3 September 2023, via the “apply now” button and include:
– a motivation letter and CV;
– a list of publications;
– documentation of your research experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
hDMT is the coordinator of the Biomedical Production Technologies domain of the NXTGEN HIGHTECH programme, which is expected to start in May 2023. Within this nearly €1 billion programme, which has 6 domains and consists of over 60 projects, more than 340 knowledge institutions and companies are working together to realize an internationally leading ecosystem for high-tech equipment. The Biomedical Production Technologies domain has four application projects (Lab-on-Chip, Organ-on-Chip, Artificial Organs and Cell Production Technology), working towards concrete innovative biomedical products (demonstrators) in these areas. A fifth umbrella project, called the One-Stop-Shop project, that will be led by hDMT, aims to set up and run the production chain.
The One-Stop-Shop project contributes to NXTGEN HIGHTECH’s goal of establishing a world-leading infrastructure for innovation and production of high-performance systems with a new generation of high-tech equipment that can solve major challenges in healthcare. A new generation of technology that will become important for the next generation of people. The result is better medication and health care through better ‘human models’ in testing (Lab-on-Chip and Organ-on-Chip) and through artificial kidneys and artificial cells. The One-Stop-Shop project brings together the various players from the life sciences, technology and manufacturing industry from the various projects within the Biomedical Production Technologies domain to jointly build a new value chain and infra-structure for large-scale production. Technologies with high added value can thereby bridge the Valley of Death, leading to new business activity and strengthening of the earning capacity. Via the One-Stop-Shop end users have access to all multidisciplinary knowledge and aligned technology in one place. ?
The most important goals in the One-Stop-Shop project are as follows:
- Expanding and organizing the ecosystem for innovative biomedical products.
- Development and implementation of standards for innovative biomedical products.
- Development and implementation of qualification and validation methodology.
- Feasibility and development of production and qualification equipment.
- R&D and Production infrastructure for development, prototyping and manufacturing of biomedical devices.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Faculty of Science & Technology (Technische Natuurwetenschappen, TNW) engages some 700 staff members and 2000 students in education and research on the cutting edge of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Our fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally and is strengthened by the many young researchers working on innovative projects with as doctoral candidates and post-docs. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
- MEER, A.D. VAN DER (ANDRIES)
- ADJUNCT FULL PROFESSOR
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Then you can contact Andries for all substantive questions about this position and the application procedure. For general questions about working for the UT, please refer to the chatbot.