Aalborg University invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow to join our international and interdisciplinary group of dedicated researchers, at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine The National Center of Excellence PREDICT, Denmark – Dec 2022
Department of Clinical Medicine
Aalborg Universitet, Fredrik Bajers Vej, Aalborg Øst, Denmark
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated skills in genetics, computational biology, genetic epidemiology and/or personalized medicine and preferably with a special interest in IBD.
The ideal candidate has:
- A PhD in genetics, computational biology, genetic epidemiology, or personalized medicine – and preferably also knowledge in the field of IBD
- High-quality publications
- Experience in supervising younger colleagues
- Experience in obtaining funding for own research
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent skills in initiating projects and working independently
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Eager and persistent to unravel new research questions
- Enterprising, diligent, and socially interacting in an international and interdisciplinary work environment
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for building up her or his own area within the National Center of Excellence to perform forefront, international research within the area of genetics, personalized medicine and IBD. The Postdoctoral Fellow will have direct reference to Center Director, Tine Jess, and will have access to already collected unique genetic and pre- and post-diagnostic data on patients with IBD, will supervise collection of new data, and will interact closely with the Center’s interdisciplinary group of excellent scientists.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for study planning, data handling and analysis, writing of scientific papers, dissemination of own research, supervision of students, and applications for funding of further research ideas. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be working at the Aalborg University Campus in Copenhagen South Harbor, where the core facilities of the National Center of Excellence are located.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: 2022-224-04977
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply online" button below.Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
About the Center
Center for Molecular Prediction of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (PREDICT)
The purpose of PREDICT is to study and unravel the cause and prognosis of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), which are chronic and disabling diseases affecting millions of people worldwide. PREDICT is organized as a broad, national interdisciplinary collaboration between six partners located at Aalborg University Copenhagen, Aalborg University Aalborg, Aalborg University Hospital, Statens Serum Institut, University of Copenhagen, and the Capital Region of Denmark, involving both clinicians and basic scientists. In addition to the national partnerships, PREDICT also has strong collaborations with leading international institutions, including Mount Sinai New York, Harvard Medical School, Imperial College London, University of North Carolina, the Francis Crick Institute, and Sorbonne University.
About the Employer: Aalborg University (AAU), Denmark
You may obtain further professional information from Center Director, Professor, Dr. Tine Jess, [email protected], tel.: 9940 7767
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR Partner, Jeannette Bøgh by mail [email protected] or phone (+45) 9940 7968. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Advertisement Details: POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW IN GENETICS AND INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE (2022-224-04977)